New area advice Pt 2.

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Deltaninja

New area advice Pt 2.

Unread postby Deltaninja » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:04 am

4AB41E2F-0298-4230-8DA5-C792B4C04746.jpeg

Here’s another totally different area. All river bottoms public land. Private AG fields to S and E. I have access to the small agfield in the lower right corner. Primary winds SW-NE. I think I have an funnel area or two picked out. But seeing what y’all thought. LOTS of hunting pressure. From land and water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<DK>
500 Club

Re: New area advice Pt 2.

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:38 pm

That a vague map which is a good thing since its public. Ill just give my first impressions..

If the land is 3/4 of the total map then its overwhelming for anyone thats never hunted it. Start small. If the pressure is what you say then I would start by doodling on the map to mark all access points. Then measuring distance from parking.

Im not sure the full situation but your biggest asset should be the private land access point. That alone would be wildcard for me and a ambush setup.
<DK>
500 Club

Re: New area advice Pt 2.

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:52 pm

I would really try to locate the hunters first, deer second. In large, vast, thick terrain there can be some great overlooked spots too. I would hunt this place exclusively on weekdays and bad weather days.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”