Clear cuts

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Randyflash

Clear cuts

Unread postby Randyflash » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:17 am

I am wondering if there are any members with experience hunting clear cuts. I have hunted them in the past with some success but I got frustrated with them on public because they seem to me more of a hunter magnet than a deer magnet. BUT I found a relatively new one yesterday that is not easily accessible. Looking through satellite photos it is about 3/4 years old. Lots of deer sign, I bumped a few deer while scouting but most importantly zero hunter sign. I am curious if any of the more experienced member have some advice for how to approach this spot. The cut is almost completely surrounded by swamp and the old logging trail that leads to it is so overgrown and full of water the the only way to access it is by a mile walk with hip boots.

Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Re: Clear cuts

Unread postby Cchez » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:11 am

Here's a good old thread for you to read through.

viewtopic.php?t=1550
Randyflash

Unread postby Randyflash » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 am

Thank you!
Csradeerhunter
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/cody.blackmon.5?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby Csradeerhunter » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Im in georgia and have hunted alot of clear cut and short pine type stuff and I have had most luck around the rut just hunting the edges . the thicker the better from my experiances . if theres no pressure there it could be a fantastic spot . good luck .

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”