Do all bucks move?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Do all bucks move?

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:25 pm

dan wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
dan wrote:The last post reminded me that more than 1/2 the mature bucks I shoot have wounds

I tell ya what Chief, you have more than earned my respect. Don’t remember how many years ago it was u did a journal. But somewhere around hunt #60 with frozen snot plastered on your face I was like this guy is the real deal. I like to think I beat the odds with effort but think I even mention in that years journey my back hurts from even reading this. While I can’t speak for no one but myself in real world public hunting that’s what it takes sometimes to get something special. Tenacity and a refuse to lose mentality. Always admired the real journey of a consistent public BBSK.

I woulf like to bring the journal back... I think it was a great tool for people to see work vs reward... It had its downfalls too though, locals would follow what im saying and know where I was parked... maybe in the 500 club?

I know I certainly thought it was a great learning tool to show guys starting out what a consistent killer actually goes through to give himself just a chance. But being honest, think it puts u in a no win situation. You either run a high risk of guys hiding behind keyboards looking to capitalize on your hard work. Or you kinda sugar coat it and risk some idiot Publicly calling u a liar. Maybe if u ran in a year or so behind but again really don’t know. Did enjoy the ride though.Good stuff Chief

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Jussbowz

Unread postby Jussbowz » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:46 pm

I hunt a large piece of public ground and NO game cameras are allowed. This property is a thick big piece of hardwood timber, full of palmettoes and hard for
quiet access. I do believe there are deer on it that are never seen or maybe seen only once. You just never know what you will see.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
dan wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
dan wrote:The last post reminded me that more than 1/2 the mature bucks I shoot have wounds

I tell ya what Chief, you have more than earned my respect. Don’t remember how many years ago it was u did a journal. But somewhere around hunt #60 with frozen snot plastered on your face I was like this guy is the real deal. I like to think I beat the odds with effort but think I even mention in that years journey my back hurts from even reading this. While I can’t speak for no one but myself in real world public hunting that’s what it takes sometimes to get something special. Tenacity and a refuse to lose mentality. Always admired the real journey of a consistent public BBSK.

I woulf like to bring the journal back... I think it was a great tool for people to see work vs reward... It had its downfalls too though, locals would follow what im saying and know where I was parked... maybe in the 500 club?

I know I certainly thought it was a great learning tool to show guys starting out what a consistent killer actually goes through to give himself just a chance. But being honest, think it puts u in a no win situation. You either run a high risk of guys hiding behind keyboards looking to capitalize on your hard work. Or you kinda sugar coat it and risk some idiot Publicly calling u a liar. Maybe if u ran in a year or so behind but again really don’t know. Did enjoy the ride though.Good stuff Chief

Running a year or two behind or releasing it after the season would be really cool. Could just keep a word document together all season and once it’s done make your journal. Will cut out the question/answer posts but will keep all the details together for people to read. Same benefit to everybody else and cuts out a lot of risk of being followed.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Cvanheel

Unread postby Cvanheel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:46 am

I hunt two different areas of my state. Were I live in western Minnesota the property's are small. I'd say a big piece is 2000 acres. The area is a good mix of hills, marsh, and some ag. I would say that most every deer around here with notable antlers is known about. When there is a big one running around there is for sure an uptick in hunting pressure on the public land in the immediate area. I also hunt northern Minnesota. the state forest that i hunt up there is roughly 800,000 acres. Your looking at big woods hunting 100%. Even up there i'd venture to say that most large bucks someone knows about if for no other reason then that there are far fewer deer up that way. I would venture to guess though that there is for sure a percentage of deer up that way that have never been seen by humans or have ever seen humans. idk I don't have any proof just my two cents.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:18 pm

They do pretty good alluding me :)
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:45 am

DaveT1963 wrote:They do pretty good alluding me :)

If I didn’t know any better this prob wouldnt make any sense. But I know Tx public and it’s pretty much the 1% crap the state hasn’t yet found a way to sell off. Most folks can’t wrap there head around what a 2.5 month scoped rifle season does. But imo you take any good buck genetics and mix that with those young tendencies to move the results are dead deer. A state with a 2 week gun season doesn’t understand cause it’s not there problem. The defense of the state is cause that a small portion of the state harbors a huge population of deer. Fine an dandy, but how come other counties that the deer sightings are few an far between fallow the same practices. Also what baffles me is the best counties in the state that hold giants have no antler restrictions. They use terms like management bucks. Yet in the majority of the state where just seeing a deer is an accomplishment we are the ones getting the antler restrictions shoved down our throats. Doesn’t make any sense to a country bumpkin like myself.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”