North Cherokee WMA, East Tennessee

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BCR1985

North Cherokee WMA, East Tennessee

Unread postby BCR1985 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Gang,

I posted this in another topic but am interested to hear anyone's experience or recommendations on locating some areas within the North Cherokee WMA that have been known to hold hogs during the early bow season. I've got about 40 acres that I bought about 3 miles from the North Carolina border and the Smoky Mountain National Park. The national forest bordering my property has a lot of laurel thicket and beech. I have found a few oaks but not many. The national park does not allow hunting, and of course it has a huge hog problem which tends to spill out into neighboring private and public lands. On the North Cherokee the populations appear to be more sporadic; varying from year to year. I've been using ONX to locate some of the public land which borders private ag and I've come up with a few spots with potential. Also spoke with the forestry people who gave me some pointers but ultimately said it varies from year to year. Has anyone had any positive experience setting out for and connecting with hogs on the north Cherokee? Excited to hear from you guys!

Ed

PublicLand

Re: North Cherokee WMA, East Tennessee

Unread postby PublicLand » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Yep.
You can hunt N Cherokee, not sure your exact area?? Feel free to DM, I don't care to give any notes or help.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”