Great tool for Sun/Moon expected twilight times

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whiteoakacorn

Great tool for Sun/Moon expected twilight times

Unread postby whiteoakacorn » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:10 am

I'm not sure if I'm posting this at the right spot or not but I have been using an App that has been great and I wanted to share. I check it daily and I just like the layout. It lets me know when to expect first light and last light. Obviously i'm not worried about sunrise as much as I want to know when my first light is. I also like to see the moon rise and set as well. It's called "Sundial". The outer ring is the Sun cycle and the inner ring is the Moon cycle. I'm not trying to push anything. Just putting it out there as a very handy tool. I tried to add a screenshot below but it might not take. I did put a link though.

http://sundialapp.com/

"If you want to catch beasts you don’t see every day, You have to go places quite out of the way.
You have to go places no others can get to. You have to get cold and you have to get wet too."
-Dr. Seuss
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Great tool for Sun/Moon expected twilight times

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:47 am

Unfortunately is iPhone only. No Android
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:01 am

Pretty Cool! But Weather Underground has that info and since I'm already checking the weather and wind, I just look there. I've got too much stuff on my phone for another app.

Clipboard01.jpg

Or on any weather app they usually have sunrise/sunset time, I take that time and add half hour, and adjust my expectations depending on whether it's sunny or cloudy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:26 am

Huntress13 wrote:Pretty Cool! But Weather Underground has that info and since I'm already checking the weather and wind, I just look there. I've got too much stuff on my phone for another app.

Clipboard01.jpg

Or on any weather app they usually have sunrise/sunset time, I take that time and add half hour, and adjust my expectations depending on whether it's sunny or cloudy.

How's the Weather Underground app for accuracy as far as wind direction? Any complaints with the app?
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:27 am

whiteoakacorn wrote:I'm not sure if I'm posting this at the right spot or not but I have been using an App that has been great and I wanted to share. I check it daily and I just like the layout. It lets me know when to expect first light and last light. Obviously i'm not worried about sunrise as much as I want to know when my first light is. I also like to see the moon rise and set as well. It's called "Sundial". The outer ring is the Sun cycle and the inner ring is the Moon cycle. I'm not trying to push anything. Just putting it out there as a very handy tool. I tried to add a screenshot below but it might not take. I did put a link though.

http://sundialapp.com/

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a look.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:29 am

xpauliber wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:Pretty Cool! But Weather Underground has that info and since I'm already checking the weather and wind, I just look there. I've got too much stuff on my phone for another app.

Clipboard01.jpg

How's the Weather Underground app for accuracy as far as wind direction? Any complaints with the app?

I usually check the web version. Also Windfinder.
whiteoakacorn

Unread postby whiteoakacorn » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:33 am

Clipboard01.jpg

I use weather underground a lot too. I know where your talking too because if you scroll down a bit you can see first light. I like to see that time better than sun rise. I think I was impressed with this app because of the way it illustrate the information and you can set re-occurring alerts. If I want to make sure I get a notice 1 hour before first light it will float with you so you keep that same gap even when the days start to get shorter.

I know what you mean with "another app" too. LOL I have too many already. Huntstand, Scoutlook, Huntwise, Windy, DeerCast. OnX is probably the one I use the most. The Sundial app seemed like it was worth a mention. Good luck this year!
"If you want to catch beasts you don’t see every day, You have to go places quite out of the way.
You have to go places no others can get to. You have to get cold and you have to get wet too."
-Dr. Seuss
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:39 am

whiteoakacorn wrote:

Clipboard01.jpg

I use weather underground a lot too. I know where your talking too because if you scroll down a bit you can see first light. I like to see that time better than sun rise. I think I was impressed with this app because of the way it illustrate the information and you can set re-occurring alerts. If I want to make sure I get a notice 1 hour before first light it will float with you so you keep that same gap even when the days start to get shorter.

I know what you mean with "another app" too. LOL I have too many already. Huntstand, Scoutlook, Huntwise, Windy, DeerCast. OnX is probably the one I use the most. The Sundial app seemed like it was worth a mention. Good luck this year!

It's always yelling at me that I have no more room for pictures, so I try to keep my apps to a minimum. Good luck to you too!

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”