How many trucks

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bow-wa-Ditty

Re: How many trucks

Unread postby Bow-wa-Ditty » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 pm

remember pressure isn't about the number of hunters its about the spot you choose to hunt. If your hunting a place with 50 hunters that never go to your area they are helping you. So that said find those little overlooked areas and work with the pressure on your side. I guess what i'm saying is pattern the hunters first then the bucks will be everywhere else!!!!!!!!

mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:13 pm

One of my areas, about 1200 acres, opening day had over 20 trucks, and they are limited to a thin strip of high ground, not to many get into the wet stuff. :mrgreen:
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:34 pm

Pressure is hard for me to judge personally. I mean I've seen guys, but I've been pretty mobile for a few years now, and being mobile i tend to deep or into places others dont. This is especially true in the 2 years since I found the beast.... I walk past others stands and such but the pretense of vehicles at a public land does not deter me from hunting that area, provided it's not like 20 trucks on 100 acres, though I dont really hunt lands that small, they just dont exist around here....
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
First Sit

Unread postby First Sit » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:46 pm

In Northern Indiana during any weekend of the archery season most public properties over 2000 acres will typically have 100 to 180 deer hunters per day. Once gun season starts its 150ish to 300. That's taken from daily required sign in sheets as most properties that are 2000 plus acres require them in this part of the state. Notice I said deer hunters as well you also have small game and waterfowl hunters out as well. And once waterfowl is open they are out in force as well and they have access roads all over as well for them.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:56 pm

So far this season in 6 days I have seen 4 vehicles hunting.
Then again it's been over 90 degrees.

6 days in not a deer seen I think they are at the Deerfield inn, in the cool air conditioning with a pile of acorns that the squirrels brought to keep for winter.

Seriously pressure other then mine is very low.

:idea: Aliens abducted the deer :shifty:
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
IndyDawg

Unread postby IndyDawg » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:15 am

I mostly hunt a piece of public that is about 1500 acres all together. During archery season, I have only ever seen two other hunters, and they both were within 500 yds of the access. During gun season, the piece fills up pretty good, but I still have spots that I can outwalk the fairweather hunters or get to closer pieces that are overlooked and deer push to once the guns start blazing.
Challenger
Facebook: No Drama Here

Unread postby Challenger » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:02 am

The parcels that I hunt there are not many bow hunters, the most pressure comes from the Hmong squirrel hunters. They treat the woods like a battle zone.
2014 E35
1973 Challenger
Public Land Hunter
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:58 am

Challenger wrote:The parcels that I hunt there are not many bow hunters, the most pressure comes from the Hmong squirrel hunters. They treat the woods like a battle zone.

Yeah, they must really like squirrel. Can't be getting many pounds of meat for all of the effort they put in. Glad they don't bowhunt deer the way they hunt squirrels.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Challenger
Facebook: No Drama Here

Unread postby Challenger » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:45 am

stash59 wrote:
Challenger wrote:The parcels that I hunt there are not many bow hunters, the most pressure comes from the Hmong squirrel hunters. They treat the woods like a battle zone.

Yeah, they must really like squirrel. Can't be getting many pounds of meat for all of the effort they put in. Glad they don't bowhunt deer the way they hunt squirrels.

I have run into the same three a couple of times now. This last time they were in the parking area and had three small does off of the beaten path and as I came upon them they tried to hide the deer and didn't want to let me see them. I did not see any bows or cross bows but did see a .22. I don't know if they were poaching but it sure was suspicious.
2014 E35
1973 Challenger
Public Land Hunter
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 am

Challenger wrote:
stash59 wrote:

I have run into the same three a couple of times now. This last time they were in the parking area and had three small does off of the beaten path and as I came upon them they tried to hide the deer and didn't want to let me see them. I did not see any bows or cross bows but did see a .22. I don't know if they were poaching but it sure was suspicious.

Been wondering about that sorta thing!!! :roll:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”