First true beast style hunt, need help

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BRoth82
500 Club

First true beast style hunt, need help

Unread postby BRoth82 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:07 am

Alright guys looking for some help here, I'm going out hunting tonight for my first true beast style hunt.

Here's my thought, I scouted this area out this winter and they were a ton of tracks and sign around the oaks trees, there is a good sized cedar tree that would give me a 30-35 yard shot to either transition. My plan is to sneak in from behind the cedar and then slowly get around to the front of it. The wind will be coming from the cattails right to the cedar tree, I'll have the oaks in front of me at 20 yards.

The few trees that are around are mostly small 6-8" diameter and ash, they are loosing leaves like crazy right now, so the trees would be quite open as far as cover goes.

Do you guys think i should try to get up off the ground, or try to sit in front of that cedar? Also do you think they'll be bedded on the tip of that point with a west wind?

I scouted this area before I really found the beast so my scouting was more looking for sign than it was beds. I did bump 5 deer off this point while scouting and 2 were bucks, 1 being a really nice one for this area.

Thanks for any help or thoughts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dpierce72
500 Club

Re: First true beast style hunt, need help

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:46 am

How did it go?
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:11 am

Great i ended up going to a different spot and shot a small 7 pointer from the ground, so my season is over for MN anyway. I'm heading to NE for the rifle season in November
gsquared23

Unread postby gsquared23 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 am

So one hunt, one deer?! Congrats, I'm still waiting for my first public land DEER, let alone legal buck.
Bowhunting is not for the faint of heart. But fortune favors the bowed.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”