2019 Michigan Public Beast Member Challenge !!

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wetfoot
500 Club

Re: 2019 Michigan Public Beast Member Challenge !!

Unread postby Wetfoot » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:51 am

Wetfoot wrote:
oldrank wrote:No pressure here. Peaches n cream.

:lol: :lol: :lol: and bucks the size of Buicks too I hear!

Ack

Unread postby Ack » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:06 am

With this nice weather I've been seeing more small game hunters than bow hunters. But I don't hunt weekends either....that could be a whole different ballgame.
SwampCritter

Unread postby SwampCritter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Wolfofmibu wrote:The deer

Congrats!!!
You go up there in the woods ..... and I'll go down to the swamp... I'll get that buck.. :violin: :whistle:
SwampCritter

Unread postby SwampCritter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:25 pm

amarty734 wrote:I got lucky enough to kill this deer on Saturday October 5th. I planned on going to a new spot to participate in the challenge, but found multiple trucks in every parking lot when I got there. Ended up going to a small overlooked spot I found over the summer instead. I sat in a lone split v tiny tree in the middle of the swamp, setup on a trail from thick swamp bedding to private mature timber that borders standing corn. The buck ended up coming in from the timber and not the bedding which surprised the out of me. Worried about getting turned around for a weak side shot in my saddle, I got turned as soon as I safely could without being seen. What I didn't know was that the buck would take 30 minutes to move 100 yards. By the time I shot him at 25 yards my core was screaming. Unfortunately, I ended up spineing him, but quickly put another arrow into him. A buddy came to help drag him out almost a half mile, that was rough. First public land buck and it was in a super heavy pressure area.

That's how it's done congrats
You go up there in the woods ..... and I'll go down to the swamp... I'll get that buck.. :violin: :whistle:
SwampCritter

Unread postby SwampCritter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:29 pm

I have just been sitting back watching and scouting haven't found anything I want to move in on yet I'm watching a nice 3.5 yr old just trying to find all his weak spots before I move in on him plenty of time left in the season but haven't found anything that just triggers me to go put my scent or presents down on the ground in any of my spots might go mess around on public this weekend just to scratch that itch...
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Dove in on a new spot last night. Found some oaks with a few acorns pushed to about 70 yards from suspected bedding and set up in a 7 inch poplar grove. Hadn't seen much sign but decided to give the spot a sit anyway. Heard deer moving a couple of times but didn't see any. One spooked out as I turned on my headlamp while packing up. Seemed like the deer was farther to the east of me on a parrallel trail. Interesting area. I'll have to put some boots on the ground here in late season. :think:
RookieBeast2019

Unread postby RookieBeast2019 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:08 am

With the weekend coming up. Keep the updates coming.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:42 am

Been a firestorm if craziness at work this week but I got my driveshaft replaced and finally got out this evening to hunt. Saw a huge bodied deer just before last light, realized it was a buck as it got closer. Kinda looked like a big 4 or 5 point with the horns coming out just about even with the ears. May have been a 6 or 7 but I couldnt make make out brow tines and once he was in range I couldnt see my sight pins. It was pretty awesome.

The spot was a first sit I've never been to before, just found it on onx this year. River bottom area, thick brush and cedars. Just kind of scouted my way in and followed the transition line, wasnt a whole lot of sign at all till I bumped a bedded deer. Decided to push another 30yds further and pick the first tree. The buck came from across the river, I could hear him cross and that was what alerted me to him coming in. Will need to check the other side if the river out one of these days.

Another first time sit tomorrow at a new spot. Sleeping in then scouting my way in after lunch.
The_Real_Jmill

Unread postby The_Real_Jmill » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 am

Seen 3 bucks over the weekend a big 6, wide 8 and a small 3pt. One buck was dogging a doe through the swamp.

Excited for the coming weeks. Will be heading up to the northern LP this week to get out of my comfort zone and hunt some big woods deer on ground I haven't stepped foot on. I will try to keep updated throughout my trip.
tkohuntsMI

Unread postby tkohuntsMI » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:52 am

So I know it’s super late but I finally connected. First deer on public land, first Michigan deer, and first beast style bed hunting style success!
DE449B35-1BC6-4F66-829E-D5FE125CA47B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:05 am

tkohuntsMI wrote:So I know it’s super late but I finally connected. First deer on public land, first Michigan deer, and first beast style bed hunting style success!DE449B35-1BC6-4F66-829E-D5FE125CA47B.jpeg

Great job! :clap:
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Congrats! Getting that 1st one is often the most difficult. :dance:
Mopar1169
500 Club

Unread postby Mopar1169 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:22 pm

I guess I will throw a late one in too. First time I had time to go out tonight. This is my first deer I have shot on public land. Normally hunt our own land. But since watching Dan's videos and finding the beast. Decided to give it a try, walked 1.5 miles into this place I found on the map and saw more sign then I have seen anywhere else on our property . I am hooked now. Got a few more places to check that I picked out. Thanks to Dan and everybody else.
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Mopar1169 wrote:I guess I will throw a late one in too. First time I had time to go out tonight. This is my first deer I have shot on public land. Normally hunt our own land. But since watching Dan's videos and finding the beast. Decided to give it a try, walked 1.5 miles into this place I found on the map and saw more sign then I have seen anywhere else on our property . I am hooked now. Got a few more places to check that I picked out. Thanks to Dan and everybody else.

Congrats Mopar, well done :clap:
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:55 pm

Well Done BEASTS, tko, amarty, mopar.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”