Help me figure out this mountain

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dcella

Help me figure out this mountain

Unread postby Dcella » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 am

I tried scouting this and the mountain side is loaded with nettles and I back out due to not being dressed properly, I am assuming that the deep cut bowl is a good place to hunt? And am I over looking anything?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Help me figure out this mountain

Unread postby brancher147 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:04 am

Only way to know is dress properly and go back. Looks like plenty of bedding options. Check it out and see what you find. Deer love to browse nettles should be easy to see where they are.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:19 am

That's a heck of a mountain. As brancher mentioned, the only way to know would be to get out there and walk it. Focus on the 1/3rd from the top elevation as well as any military crests and look for sign.

This knoll I circled in red in the southwest corner looks really good to me because of how steep it is to the N/W/S plus there's a steep portion behind to the NE. I would expect the deer trails coming into/out of that knoll to follow the orange lines.

Pic.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patrout1

Unread postby patrout1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:36 am

First off, holy smokes is that some steep country. I would worry how the heck you were going to get a deer out of there. If i were to hunt it, since that are no obvious benchs i would start by looking at the places where the saddles flatten out at the bottom or where two or more saddles meet. it seems like theres not a whole lot of places they can go if theyre in there. looks more like mtn goat country. What state is this in?
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 am

Looks like it would be good elk country! If any are even there. Anywhere the really close lines spread out between themselves a little more could possibly mean a micro bench.

The area to the right and down (southeast if north is up) from the word "list". Just right of the dashed line. Looks like there may even be a series of stepped micro benches.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:13 pm

There's no bedding on Mt Everest come on bro!! :lol: Kidding of course but that is some STEEP country! Also curious what state that's in.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”