Greatest Deer Hunter of All Time...

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Re: Greatest Hunter of All Time...

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:25 am

cspot wrote:Probably someone nobody ever heard of.

Completely agree

Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Greatest Deer Hunter of All Time...

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:41 am

I mentioned earlier who I believe 2 of the most skilled hunters I've ever met are. But this topic could include historical, weapon used, conditions, on and on.

I won't let this opportunity pass to state whom I believe to be the best all around hunter and it is easy for me... Dan Infalt. Not only is Dan as capable as any hunter alive, he has done more to educate other hunters than anyone I have met... by far. I have met the majority of the hunters listed by others that are still alive and in my view no one comes close. When Dan's hunting days end some day there is no one that will be able to look back and say they have done more to educate, facilitate and tolerate his fellow hunters. "nuff said.

Bridge
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:50 am

Singing Bridge wrote:I mentioned earlier who I believe 2 of the most skilled hunters I've ever met are. But this topic could include historical, weapon used, conditions, on and on.

I won't let this opportunity pass to state whom I believe to be the best all around hunter and it is easy for me... Dan Infalt. Not only is Dan as capable as any hunter alive, he has done more to educate other hunters than anyone I have met... by far. I have met the majority of the hunters listed by others that are still alive and in my view no one comes close. When Dan's hunting days end some day there is no one that will be able to look back and say they have done more to educate, facilitate and tolerate his fellow hunters. "nuff said.

Bridge

Every, greatest deer hunter, anyone mentioned. Could lead the list. But when you add in how unselfish Dan is. How willing to help others. And how well he teaches. Bridge your probably right!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 am

x3
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:55 am

Singing Bridge wrote:I mentioned earlier who I believe 2 of the most skilled hunters I've ever met are. But this topic could include historical, weapon used, conditions, on and on.

Bridge

You may very well be right as not many "famous" hunters really put themselves out there so to speak especially considering most of it is without monetary return.

However when you say tolerate his fellow hunters, that could insinuate that we are a bunch of a-holes. :lol:
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:09 am

cspot wrote:

Bridge

You may very well be right as not many "famous" hunters really put themselves out there so to speak especially considering most of it is without monetary return.

However when you say tolerate his fellow hunters, that could insinuate that we are a bunch of a-holes. :lol:

Actually, I was speaking of me personally ! :lol:
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:05 pm

The_Real_Jmill wrote:Roger Rotthaar/ the Wensels are both up there for me as far as the more well known.

Other than that id say my dad, he's gotten some dandy's but had managed to harvest a pile of deer every year off public over the years.

Few people have seen all their trophies.... because they are very humble, and their bucks are second to none..... and they did it 100% with trad archery gear in multiple states.
The_Real_Jmill

Unread postby The_Real_Jmill » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:28 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
The_Real_Jmill wrote:Roger Rotthaar/ the Wensels are both up there for me as far as the more well known.

Other than that id say my dad, he's gotten some dandy's but had managed to harvest a pile of deer every year off public over the years.

Few people have seen all their trophies.... because they are very humble, and their bucks are second to none..... and they did it 100% with trad archery gear in multiple states.

Yea that is what I appreciate so much and there tactics were very ahead of there time in my opinion, just pure class acts and trad gear to boot.

I have taken 3 deer with trad gear (2 does and 1 buck) in a short stint I tried it and there was nothing that compared to that feeling for me, I just missed more than I hit so I had to switch back to the wheels which makes what they did all that more impressive to me.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:36 am

Bridge

Well said. I think Dan will have had a greater impact on the sport of whitetail hunting than just about anybody. I believe so much industry emphasis on "buying success" has hurt the sport. So many feel like they are less of a hunter for not seeing multiple 130+ inch bucks walking around in a food plot every sit, or they simply cannot afford to hunt like the industry says you're supposed to. Dan had the guts to go against the grain when he could have easily sold out and made a quick buck. He proved it can be done with effort and woodsmanship. Both of those are not for sale, so there's no reason for the industry guys to promote it. Effort comes from within, woodsmanship is built over time. The popularity of the Hunting Beast and The Hunting Public, and unpopularity of hunting tv shows are no coincidence. I hope the sport is moving in the right direction now. Dan has been the leader in that regard. And not to mention he's not too bad of a hunter either ;)
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:49 am

headgear wrote:I will guess some unknown native, those guys lived it and were probably woodsman beyond our comprehension. Although it can really be hard to compare all of these great hunters and pick just one.

Great point. I would bet that the natives who hunted out of necessity of life were so well-equipped as woodsmen that it would be hard for us to even fathom today. The way they were able to consistently get it done with only the bare minimum is incredibly fascinating.
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 am

Bridge

:clap:
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
tundra@1

Unread postby tundra@1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 pm

If I had to name a few, most have no idea of who I am even talking about,,, the guys I know, had no interest in social media or posting pictures etc,,, very humble guys who know how to get it done..... however they give back to who ever asks.... If I was to name one person in this state, and their are a lot of great hunters, it would be Gary Nuemier, out of Prarie du Chien.....

Gary has not killed a buck under 170 for the last 10 years,,,, the guy is amazing, and humble and honest,,,, last year he hit his best at 176, and that shot was at 8 yards, on the ground.....

If you saw his humble house, your mouth would drop,,,,,, lots of great hunters.... Gary always said " its now how you hunt, as much as where you hunt",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gary always believed that the first rule is to have fun..... when I was 26 years old and going no where, he mentored me into deer hunting.................. the bucks he shot in Bayfield county in the late 70's and 80's was incredible,,,, a true tracker at many times,, the kind of guy who would always put you, on the best stand

Gary believed in scouting,,,,, he said you should be scouting year round and hunt for a few days,,, most can not do that... He said most hunters carry too much crap with them,,,, what the do you need all that stuff for to kill a deer

Gary said in 1994, I am leaving the northwoods, between the atvs, the baiting and the poor forest mgt, I am gone,, going to the river to hunt bluff country.....

I am lucky he mentored me, and I am able to call him my friend
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:12 pm

I think we all know the real answer to this question.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:56 pm

That’s a cool one tundra
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”