The Public Land Adventure Club

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

crossfitcarpenter

The Public Land Adventure Club

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Wed May 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi guys my name is John Cook and back in September I shared this vision with Dan Infalt And Aaron of The Hunting Public. I received both praise and constructive criticism and went back to the planning board so The Public Land Adventure Club was born. We are registered in Texas and have an accountant in place. I’ll give ive you an overview of how the club will operate and promote and protect public lands and the wildlife living in them worldwide.

· Record Keeping The first and I believe most important function of the club will be collecting age and size related records on game harvested on public lands. This data will not only become indispensable to its members but also to biologist. There will also be content of importance for any adventurer with the fortitude to venture into this world’s last wild places. The database will be available online to all active members.
· International membership The club seeks membership from like minded adventurers all over the globe to not only protect but increase the amount of publicly accessible wilds places in the world.
· Advocacy The basic thrust of the North American Conservation Model is simply that hunting along with other outdoor recreation will fund the conservation of the lands needed to enjoy. This basic Idea that has been so successful must but be defended and explained even here in small town Texas. People would line up to buy a Salty tag if those populations where allowed to be controlled.
· Recruitment The club will ask all its members to at least be willing take one person for one day hunting or otherwise adventuring on public lands.

The club will raise funds predominately through membership dues of 40 dollars per year and will produce a breakdown of where each dollar goes. I am dedicated to volunteering until the club has 4000 members. We are registered in the state of Texas and we have an accountant. Please ask any questions and you can face time me if you have an iphone 903-339-8755. You will have to wait a couple of days to call until my new phone comes in. My old one is at the bottom of the Neches River. I love kayaking floodwaters! This Go fund me was set up to gain IRS 503c status and build an exstensive website so we can begin taking members and recording harvest. I’ll answer and questions as fast as I can. The number is my personal phone. Each person that donates here will receive a lifetime membership worth 500 Lifetime members have voting rights at annual meetings. gf.me/u/sij7ws

hunter_mike

Re: The Public Land Adventure Club

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed May 01, 2019 1:23 pm

Sounds like a noble cause John. Good luck! 8-)
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Wed May 01, 2019 1:29 pm

hunter_mike wrote:Sounds like a noble cause John. Good luck! 8-)

We are too much a minority not to stick together. No matter how we choose to do it we need these lands not only for our generation but for our progeny as well. Thanks Mike.
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 am

Come on guys I figured the beasts would be all over this how about some feedback some questions ?
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 am

crossfitcarpenter wrote:Come on guys I figured the beasts would be all over this how about some feedback some questions ?

I like that you are enthusiastic about this. But the mission statement is very vague. How about some examples of things you have already accomplished? Without seeing something like that, people have every right to be skeptical.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Thu May 02, 2019 7:56 am

crossfitcarpenter wrote:Come on guys I figured the beasts would be all over this how about some feedback some questions ?

How many members do you currently have in your club?
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Thu May 02, 2019 9:09 am

Sounds a lot like what several other orgs (B&C P&Y, Sportsmans Alliance), are already doing, only focus on just public land?
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu May 02, 2019 9:39 am

I think you might be putting the cart before the horse. Do you have a website/blog? If you want to build a following for your organization it's going to take years of work. Create a blog and start publishing articles, written by you, on your vision and beliefs. You'll need to publish articles on your site very frequently, most blogs die from inattention. I would guess that to even have a chance at success it will have to become second job for you. Wake up early and stay up late publishing good quality articles and people will take notice. After grinding and grinding for 1,2 or 5 years you might turn it into something.

Nobody knows your drive and determination but you. If your venture is successful it will be because you poured a ton of time and effort into it. Even if it fails as you originally imagined it you will learn a ton in the process.

Good luck with your venture 8-)
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 am

hunter_mike wrote:

I like that you are enthusiastic about this. But the mission statement is very vague. How about some examples of things you have already accomplished? Without seeing something like that, people have every right to be skeptical.

I volunteer at the Neches River Wildlife refuge. I’ve registered the club as a not for profit in Texas. I have sought and gained feedback from Dan, Aaron, and Adam Greentree. This is completely ground floor the only members are I and the accountant at this point. Everything has to start somewhere and I figured if the beasts were on it it would be viable. I can put out a full mission statement. Above is more of an overview to spur on questions and feedback.
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Thu May 02, 2019 10:31 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:

How many members do you currently have in your club?
2 the Beasts are some of the first to know it’s completely ground floor.
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Thu May 02, 2019 10:33 am

Pudster wrote:Sounds a lot like what several other orgs (B&C P&Y, Sportsmans Alliance), are already doing, only focus on just public land?

That is true except for they are not keeping jawbone and other age related markets on game and are not recording all the other game taken on public lands. The club is not only about hunting but hiking,kayaking, and all things Adventure.
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Thu May 02, 2019 10:38 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I think you might be putting the cart before the horse. Do you have a website/blog? If you want to build a following for your organization it's going to take years of work. Create a blog and start publishing articles, written by you, on your vision and beliefs. You'll need to publish articles on your site very frequently, most blogs die from inattention. I would guess that to even have a chance at success it will have to become second job for you. Wake up early and stay up late publishing good quality articles and people will take notice. After grinding and grinding for 1,2 or 5 years you might turn it into something.
I agree in part most organizations like this are born from a single or few benefactors. This organization will be filled with people that actually care and the people that get this organization off the ground will form it because they will all be lifetime members with voting rights. It’s very different than what is going on currently.

Nobody knows your drive and determination but you. If your venture is successful it will be because you poured a ton of time and effort into it. Even if it fails as you originally imagined it you will learn a ton in the process.

Good luck with your venture 8-)
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu May 02, 2019 11:49 am

What you really should do is a business plan - there are templates on-line. It will help you with the mission statement, with your focus, it will also encourage you to research similar organizations and see what they do, how they do it, and how you compare.

You have a noble cause and energy and enthusiasm.

Now to channel it and understand exactly what you want to do and what you are "selling". Use the 30-60-90 second approach. You need to be able to explain your organization, it's focus, and the benefits of belonging in 30 seconds. That's what I'm talking about by channeling it. You should also have a 60 and a 90 second description. You use those when you meet someone and gauge how long you think you can keep their attention. 90% of the time it is the 30 second approach.

I started United Waterfowlers-Florida about 18 years ago. It is being run by others and has been for a while. I am currently a member and also a liaison for a national wildlife refuge. You can check out the website. A mission statement and "what will UWF do for me" answer appear on the first page.

Best wishes!
crossfitcarpenter

Unread postby crossfitcarpenter » Thu May 02, 2019 12:35 pm

[quote="Rich M"]What you really should do is a business plan - there are templates on-line. It will help you with the mission statement, with your focus, it will also encourage you to research similar organizations and see what they do, how they do it, and how you compare.

You have a noble cause and energy and enthusiasm.

Now to channel it and understand exactly what you want to do and what you are "selling". Use the 30-60-90 second approach. You need to be able to explain your organization, it's focus, and the benefits of belonging in 30 seconds. That's what I'm talking about by channeling it. You should also have a 60 and a 90 second description. You use those when you meet someone and gauge how long you think you can keep their attention. 90% of the time it is the 30 second approach.

I started United Waterfowlers-Florida about 18 years ago. It is being run by others and has been for a while. I am currently a member and also a liaison for a national wildlife refuge. You can check out the website. A mission statement and "what will UWF do for me" answer appear on the first page.

Best wishes![/quote
Thank You
Hambone79

Unread postby Hambone79 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:22 am

crossfitcarpenter wrote:
Pudster wrote:Sounds a lot like what several other orgs (B&C P&Y, Sportsmans Alliance), are already doing, only focus on just public land?

That is true except for they are not keeping jawbone and other age related markets on game and are not recording all the other game taken on public lands. The club is not only about hunting but hiking,kayaking, and all things Adventure.

look into Florida's WMA program . Our FWC run WMA's have been pulling data for a while now jaw bone and other samples. this may help as to what your looking for.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”