The trees have eyes

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Re: The trees have eyes

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 am

ghoasthunter wrote:its called pareidolia ill find the write up on it

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2014073 ... in-objects basically its genetically implanted too see faces and shapes of animals in our mind. this explains why animals can pic you out. they are genetically imprinted too see faces eyes and living shapes. the ones that dont die over a span of evolution. a deers vision is pixalated like looking at at old tv thats getting bad reception. now if a human can see a face in static thats what a animal is doing as well its seeing that animal shape from your eyes and face.

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2014073 ... in-objects basically its genetically implanted too see faces and shapes of animals in our mind. this explains why animals can pic you out. they are genetically imprinted too see faces eyes and living shapes. the ones that dont die over a span of evolution. a deers vision is pixalated like looking at at old tv thats getting bad reception. now if a human can see a face in static thats what a animal is doing as well its seeing that animal shape from your eyes and face.

Hymm :think: Thats intresting!
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
freezeAR
500 Club

Unread postby freezeAR » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:32 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:

Did you read the article you put a link to? What I read talks about human beings seeing faces in toast. Just a few of your comments that was not in the article you provided a link for; animals, evolution, eyes and pixilation.

If credibility is the end goal a link is provided to support what somone is saying. I am struggling to see how comments have anything to do with link or this thread.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 am

freezeAR wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

Did you read the article you put a link to? What I read talks about human beings seeing faces in toast. Just a few of your comments that was not in the article you provided a link for; animals, evolution, eyes and pixilation.

If credibility is the end goal a link is provided to support what somone is saying. I am struggling to see how comments have anything to do with link or this thread.

what im getting at is its not crazy too think that animals can have this same function in how there brain works for seeing and identifying a threat our dna compared too other animals is really not that far off. humans have the ability too think but the wiring is basically the same on many levels of brain function compared too other animals. so a animal picking out shapes from eyes face and body shape is really not far fetched, and can simply be genetic imprint over millions of years of evolution. what im stating is nothing more than a calculated theory on why something might be it could go nowhere or it could actually become fact.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:24 am

Totally unscientific, but I do recall that people in tiger country in India wear eye-shaped masks/hats/headbands on the backs of their heads as they walk on the theory that a tiger is less likely to attack something facing and looking at them.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
freezeAR
500 Club

Unread postby freezeAR » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:43 am

ghoasthunter wrote:
freezeAR wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

what im getting at is its not crazy too think that animals can have this same function in how there brain works for seeing and identifying a threat our dna compared too other animals is really not that far off. humans have the ability too think but the wiring is basically the same on many levels of brain function compared too other animals. so a animal picking out shapes from eyes face and body shape is really not far fetched, and can simply be genetic imprint over millions of years of evolution. what im stating is nothing more than a calculated theory on why something might be it could go nowhere or it could actually become fact.

Now we are getting somewhere. No matter how much I dissagree I will not dismiss a theory. That is how things advance. Form a theory, test, disprove form another theory. My problem was the refrence to "pareidolia" as support for your theory. According to the link, and your theory, an animal would see eyes or a face in an inanimate object.

In this scenario I find it a lot more likely that the cat (from 3 ft away) clearly recognized something he had seen many times and recognized there is usually a defined form accompanying the set of eyes. I try to derive some meaning from real world encounters and apply that to hunting, working or life in general. After all, a brain is what seperates us from the animals.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:26 am

freezeAR wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
freezeAR wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

Now we are getting somewhere. No matter how much I dissagree I will not dismiss a theory. That is how things advance. Form a theory, test, disprove form another theory. My problem was the refrence to "pareidolia" as support for your theory. According to the link, and your theory, an animal would see eyes or a face in an inanimate object.

In this scenario I find it a lot more likely that the cat (from 3 ft away) clearly recognized something he had seen many times and recognized there is usually a defined form accompanying the set of eyes. I try to derive some meaning from real world encounters and apply that to hunting, working or life in general. After all, a brain is what seperates us from the animals.

two years ago i was on stand one morning. and a how landed near me in a tree. i was head too toe in camouflage well only thing that was exposed was my nose and eyes. that darn hawk came at me 3 times right for my face. i would wave my arms at it and it would fly past land and try again dive bombing strait at my face every time. one of the most exciting encounters ive ever had before. i have mad eye contact with deer and other animals at close range its crazy how all of a sudden they are fixated looking you right in the eyes. when i see deer bear or any animal and intend on it not seeing me i always look at there but when there eyes are in a field of view that im in as long as i dont look in there eyes they never see me. even if you stand a deer up in a bed or bump one a lot of times if you freeze and dont look into there eyes they never can figure out where you are. sometimes they go back too there business or simply slip off without blowing. all i do is just turn my head and not focus on them and they dont see me. this is what happened this year when i killed one of my deer this year. i was still hunting with a bow and jumped a group of deer off a point. as soon as i bumped them i stopped dropped a knee and froze. they deer ran about twenty yards stopped and looked back. then they started moving closer. finally i was within 5 or six feet of 4 does kneeling staring at the ground frozen solid. the deer would look at me then look past i had no cover and was sitting in the open and they never saw me finally they walked of. i moved on a little bit and herd a deer headed my way. small buck was headed for me from all the commotion i froze dropped down and drew my bow as he stepped behind a tree. the deer closed into only a couple feet and suddenly saw me only when i was looking right at him. it was too late for him cuz my arrow was on the way from point blank. ive had encounters like this so many times it cant be coincidence that the deer got this close. its got too be because im avoiding making eye contact.
freezeAR
500 Club

Unread postby freezeAR » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:36 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:
freezeAR wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
freezeAR wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

two years ago i was on stand one morning. and a how landed near me in a tree. i was head too toe in camouflage well only thing that was exposed was my nose and eyes. that darn hawk came at me 3 times right for my face. i would wave my arms at it and it would fly past land and try again dive bombing strait at my face every time. one of the most exciting encounters ive ever had before. i have mad eye contact with deer and other animals at close range its crazy how all of a sudden they are fixated looking you right in the eyes. when i see deer bear or any animal and intend on it not seeing me i always look at there but when there eyes are in a field of view that im in as long as i dont look in there eyes they never see me. even if you stand a deer up in a bed or bump one a lot of times if you freeze and dont look into there eyes they never can figure out where you are. sometimes they go back too there business or simply slip off without blowing. all i do is just turn my head and not focus on them and they dont see me. this is what happened this year when i killed one of my deer this year. i was still hunting with a bow and jumped a group of deer off a point. as soon as i bumped them i stopped dropped a knee and froze. they deer ran about twenty yards stopped and looked back. then they started moving closer. finally i was within 5 or six feet of 4 does kneeling staring at the ground frozen solid. the deer would look at me then look past i had no cover and was sitting in the open and they never saw me finally they walked of. i moved on a little bit and herd a deer headed my way. small buck was headed for me from all the commotion i froze dropped down and drew my bow as he stepped behind a tree. the deer closed into only a couple feet and suddenly saw me only when i was looking right at him. it was too late for him cuz my arrow was on the way from point blank. ive had encounters like this so many times it cant be coincidence that the deer got this close. its got too be because im avoiding making eye contact.

Could have been evolution or pareidolia.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”