Lottery/Conservancy Properties

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WIBowhunter22

Lottery/Conservancy Properties

Unread postby WIBowhunter22 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 am

In multiple videos Dan mentions that he is hunting on a property where you had to draw for zones and time to hunt the property. I think he called them conservancy zones. Does anyone know how I can find more information on these type of areas. Has anyone had success hunting these areas. I live in Wisconsin and I would appreciate any information.

Buckshot20
500 Club

Re: Lottery/Conservancy Properties

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 am

I'm thinking you have all the clues. Time to do some homework. I wouldn't expect somebody to give their spot away.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 am

Just google land conservancy / hunting. Lots of them out there. Good luck
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Google and leg work. I applied for one this year and didn’t get drawn but they only draw 2-3 hunters.

I know the exact one dan has been on. The info is out there if you look for it. Really nice to watch how he does things and look on an aerial to kinda learn myself on it. But no way would I ever want to apply for that. He shoots all the big ones anyways :lol: plus my company has a huge plot of land close by that butts up to a bunch of landlocked public.

It’s not hard to find them. What you want to find are the ones that take a little more effort than a short application that pops up on the first google search. Heck I’ve found huntable public in Milwaukee county that looks really good by just broadening my search and looking where nobody would think to look.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Not pointing fingers at anybody in particular but sure hope nobody is going to take advantage of the stuff that Dan and Mario are so graciously sharing and try to move in on them on that property. As soon as I saw aerials in the video I thought oh oh and figured the cyber stalkers just struck gold. Anybody with one ounce of dignity would never ever do that to guys who have taught us all so much. It’s called respect.
Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:25 am

Dewey wrote:Not pointing fingers at anybody in particular but sure hope nobody is going to take advantage of the stuff that Dan and Mario are so graciously sharing and try to move in on them on that property. As soon as I saw aerials in the video I thought oh oh and figured the cyber stalkers just struck gold. Anybody with one ounce of dignity would never ever do that to guys who have taught us all so much. It’s called respect.

Exactly
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:14 am

Dewey wrote:Not pointing fingers at anybody in particular but sure hope nobody is going to take advantage of the stuff that Dan and Mario are so graciously sharing and try to move in on them on that property. As soon as I saw aerials in the video I thought oh oh and figured the cyber stalkers just struck gold. Anybody with one ounce of dignity would never ever do that to guys who have taught us all so much. It’s called respect.

Right on. Maybe I’m a bit old school and maybe this isn’t where I should be writing this.....but this is the HUNTING BEAST. Dan made the site for diy guys. I swear some people come on here and want their diy hunts and research done by others. Come guys, think for yourself!
If you have a property you want to learn about, read the threads on here and pay for the dvds as a way to thank Dan for creating the beast. All the information is there. Invest some boot leather/rubber on that property and come up with you’re own conclusions and questions. Then....after you’ve put in work, ask your questions on here.
To the OP......for God sakes, use your internet machine and brain and find out yourself. It’s not difficult.
Sorry for the rant. I’m a OG beast member and we all knew the site would change as it grew. BUT I personally think this needed to be said. Mods feel free to edit or delete....I understand.
WIBowhunter22

Unread postby WIBowhunter22 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:41 pm

I apologize for causing some people to be offended by my asking. After reading this I realized I was looking right past lists upon lists of properties to hunt in my area. I know how hard Dan and Mario work for their deer, and I would never want to interrupt their hunting on any given property. I wasn’t looking for any specific properties just wanted to know if this was a popular tactic or not because I wasn’t able to find any info these types of areas (which I now know I was looking right past). Once again I apologize for sounding like I wanted to get out the easy way, which really doesn’t exist when it comes to public land.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

I have thought this same thing many times, with all the free intel that this forum puts out. I have no doubt there are lurkers on here looking poach spots. I know it's sad. These are the same guys stealing cameras & stands from other public land hunters. I'm sure 98% of the guys on here are not that way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:22 am

WIBowhunter22 wrote:I apologize for causing some people to be offended by my asking. After reading this I realized I was looking right past lists upon lists of properties to hunt in my area. I know how hard Dan and Mario work for their deer, and I would never want to interrupt their hunting on any given property. I wasn’t looking for any specific properties just wanted to know if this was a popular tactic or not because I wasn’t able to find any info these types of areas (which I now know I was looking right past). Once again I apologize for sounding like I wanted to get out the easy way, which really doesn’t exist when it comes to public land.

That's how I took it.

There are different ways to hunt and different opportunities in diff states. In FL we have watershed management districts, WMAs, state forests, national forests, and national wildlife refuges - each have opportunities that vary. Some are free for all, others are lottery.

I found out about a dog hunt on federal land in a different state a few years back - guys would volunteer and run deer with their dogs, folks would apply to a lottery and pay in the ball park of $200-$300/each to hunt (shotguns with buckshot only). They shot some nice bucks cause the are was no access the rest of the year, except for like 3 dog hunts a year. It helped manage the property and provided folks with a unique opportunity. It is/was not a sure thing - not every hunter gets a shot opportunity. It is more for the experience - not many guys have hunted deer with dogs.

Just have to keep your eyes and ears open, do some research, and hope for the best. Good luck to you in your quest!
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:34 am

WIBowhunter22 wrote:I apologize for causing some people to be offended by my asking. After reading this I realized I was looking right past lists upon lists of properties to hunt in my area. I know how hard Dan and Mario work for their deer, and I would never want to interrupt their hunting on any given property. I wasn’t looking for any specific properties just wanted to know if this was a popular tactic or not because I wasn’t able to find any info these types of areas (which I now know I was looking right past). Once again I apologize for sounding like I wanted to get out the easy way, which really doesn’t exist when it comes to public land.

You did nothing wrong by asking.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 am

Your fine...

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”