stolen camera

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dpierce72
500 Club

Re: stolen camera

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:44 am

tgreeno wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:Print a sticker with your wildlife agency's logo and put something along the lines of "wildlife survey instrumentation, GPS monitored, do not disturb or remove"

That's a good idea!

Does everyone feel the cables really save your cameras? I hate to invest into cables too, just to have them cut. I haven't used cables, and only had one cam stolen in 5 years.

Prevent theft? No

Create a deterrent to theft? Yes

Sounds like your method is working so I probably would not invest in locks.

If I did not do locks, I'd remove the wide strap and go with cordage and tie a truckers knot. The width of the horizontal strap draws attention IMO.

Also, love the sticker idea and the note...

"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:49 am

Dpierce72 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:Print a sticker with your wildlife agency's logo and put something along the lines of "wildlife survey instrumentation, GPS monitored, do not disturb or remove"

That's a good idea!

Does everyone feel the cables really save your cameras? I hate to invest into cables too, just to have them cut. I haven't used cables, and only had one cam stolen in 5 years.

Prevent theft? No

Create a deterrent to theft? Yes

Sounds like your method is working so I probably would not invest in locks.

If I did not do locks, I'd remove the wide strap and go with cordage and tie a truckers knot. The width of the horizontal strap draws attention IMO.

Also, love the sticker idea and the note...

I have been tying my cams on tress lately with olive colored paracord. I agree the straps really stick out. With my small profile Browning cams and paracord I literally have a hard time finding my cams sometimes even when marked by GPS.
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Dewey wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

i always write in the cover cam # 15 or something around that. figure it might freak the guy out and and make him think hes going too get caught buy cam #1 threw #14

I put a note in one of mine saying.......”Congratulations, you were able to steal my camera.....but....did you find the rest that likely caught a really good picture of you? I would suggest you leave this camera where you found it or theft charges will be pressed against you.”

How did that work out?
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 pm

If you've ever stolen a camera, you're a loser.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm

checkerfred wrote:
Dewey wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

i always write in the cover cam # 15 or something around that. figure it might freak the guy out and and make him think hes going too get caught buy cam #1 threw #14

I put a note in one of mine saying.......”Congratulations, you were able to steal my camera.....but....did you find the rest that likely caught a really good picture of you? I would suggest you leave this camera where you found it or theft charges will be pressed against you.”

How did that work out?

It hasn’t been stolen yet.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:23 am

i had a guy that kept messing with my camera he kept taking the strap and putting it around my lens. so i carved a decoy in my wood shop painted it black and set it up then i put another camera up in a tree and the trap was set. turned out too be a guy that walked his dog on the old logging trail every day. so save your old cams that dont work they may still be useful.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
muskieman

Unread postby muskieman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:01 am

Sucks getting camera stolen. We have had a half dozen taken over the years and mainly on private ground.
We did catch a good pic of the neighbor taking one. We confronted him and he first denied it then finally confessed after showing him the pic of him. I told him if I ever saw him on our land again he would catch a good old fashion kicking..... Havent seen him since.
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:22 am

That's a great idea
Make It Happen
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:38 pm

muskieman wrote:Sucks getting camera stolen. We have had a half dozen taken over the years and mainly on private ground.
We did catch a good pic of the neighbor taking one. We confronted him and he first denied it then finally confessed after showing him the pic of him. I told him if I ever saw him on our land again he would catch a good old fashion kicking..... Havent seen him since.

Did you get the cam back?
Scratchman

Unread postby Scratchman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:45 am

I don't hunt where others hunt. Unless its an early season sit in a gun hunters spot. AS far as the cams go, I alway hang em high.
"I could eat shlapjacks every day of the weeksh, eh." Jimmer Nagamanee from Menominee

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”