Bedding distance from food sources

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

How close/far do you tend to find your mature buck bedding from the food sources on public land?

right in the food source
No votes
under 100 yards
17%
under 1/4 mile
50%
between 1/2 mile and a mile
33%
over 1 mile
No votes

Total votes: 6
Strenke629

Bedding distance from food sources

Unread postby Strenke629 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:35 am

I live in northern wisconsin so most of the land is wooded/forest with some agriculture mixed throughout. It seems a lot of the public land that borders close to ag fields get pressured hard, which is expected because it's very obvious on a map. When I cyber scout I stay away from the public close to private ag because of the pressure. Cyber scouting I'll find a bedding area that looks good, but when I try to find a food source around it I can't find anything obvious sometimes within like a mile or more. To me I think why would a buck bed there if a food source isn't anywhere close. I've watched all of the bedding DVD's, I should probably watch them again though.

What are some less obvious food sources you look for when cyber scouting or when you put boots on the ground?

What are some things you look for to make cyber scouting turn into more productive boots on the ground trips? Honestly it seems like most of my cyber scouting turns out to be places to never hunt when I actually go scout it. lol. I have a TON of places I want to scout but I can't narrow them down based on which one has the best odds of being great spots. Or is really the only answer is to get out and cover as much ground as you can.

Happy thanksgiving!

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”