Tree saddles

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mbucks27

Re: Tree saddles

Unread postby mbucks27 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:48 am

i will be switching this year to a saddle. bought a kestrel and also made a sit drag and they both worked awesome in my testing. Sold the kestrel to get the mantis so i'm waiting on that. My reasons for going with the mantis were breathable mesh and the buckles are a lot smaller and less cumbersome. i will be using 4 muddy steps to climb up and maybe two strap on steps on each side for my platform. i attach the muddy steps to the back of my pursuit pack like this and it is rock solid and makes no noise at all. I think the saddle will get me into more spots that i didn't want to walk to with my climber or hangon and will def make me more mobile.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

mbucks27 wrote:i will be switching this year to a saddle. bought a kestrel and also made a sit drag and they both worked awesome in my testing. Sold the kestrel to get the mantis so i'm waiting on that. My reasons for going with the mantis were breathable mesh and the buckles are a lot smaller and less cumbersome. i will be using 4 muddy steps to climb up and maybe two strap on steps on each side for my platform. i attach the muddy steps to the back of my pursuit pack like this and it is rock solid and makes no noise at all. I think the saddle will get me into more spots that i didn't want to walk to with my climber or hangon and will def make me more mobile.

Slick setup!
fr0sty

Unread postby fr0sty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:37 am

Aero Hunter added a mesh saddle to their lineup.

https://aerohunter.us/store/index.php?r ... duct_id=80
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:12 am

fr0sty wrote:Aero Hunter added a mesh saddle to their lineup.

Awesome. 8-)
ontario farmer
Facebook: Ontario

Unread postby ontario farmer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:57 pm

fr0sty wrote:Aero Hunter added a mesh saddle to their lineup.

Lots of options and a growing market is great. Guido's web is also coming out with an new version... More options again. It is nice to see competition driving innovation. There is also a new saddle being produced in Red Deer Alberta and maybe the Trophyline is being resurrected or maybe not 2019.

I have an old Guidos, a kestrel and have ordered a new mantis. I expect they will all be used in different situations.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”