Easterly wind?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bonehead

Easterly wind?

Unread postby Bonehead » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 am

I searched for this and could not find a answer.
If I get a rare eastern wind, will a buck still travel the leeward (west) side of ridge during pre rut/rut/ 2nd rut? I am assuming he will.
Are leeward sides of ridges with a east wind still considered a good place to hunt? I ask because one of my spots has a very large hill top running north and south, and the only access I have to hunt is the west ridge, not the predominant wind at all. Do you guys have set ups that you use like this? Any success doing this?

mspaci

Re: Easterly wind?

Unread postby mspaci » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 am

I have a lot of east wind spots & look forward to these rare winds, & have done very well with them. I just think its something different that the deer aren't as a accustomed to. Some spots there is very little sign. When the east wind hits the deer are there. Its something I found on my own by trying different things over the years. When I found this site it confirmed my findings & I got better at it. Had more confidence hunting this way. Mike

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”