DIY big woods

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

Re: DIY big woods

Unread postby mauser06 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:18 am

That's my line of thinking headgear. My Michigan hunting is getting better because I keep learning the deer and the woods. I have a few spots now that will typically produce deer sightings. I know a few "areas" pretty well. I have a GPS card of data.

I can buy a 2nd buck tag if I get to the point I feel I may need it. Lol.

I have other areas of interest I wanna start looking at too. Actually, if I drive a little way, I have lots more to look at. I've been focusing on different areas in the same general location..

Ohio is on my list...but being within a half hour of the state line, that'll be more of a local go and hunt type thing.

Something about the big woods..big swamps and marshes.

Ideally I'd love to have snow and be able to track and still hunt. I'm obsessed with that form of hunting. But places like where I hunt in Michigan, it's very difficult without snow just because the terrain and deer numbers.

Was considering going up for the muzzleloader season in the future to up the odds of having snow.

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Started researching a bit more.

The Adirondacks are calling my name.

Sounds and looks like what I am after. Sounds like I can REALLY get deep...like hike in and back country camp deep.

I'm not setup for that. Was looking more at a $40 hotel or cabin rental and day hunting..but something more wild is VERY appealing to me and might be in my future.

The wheels are turning!

Probably not next year..but definitely see it in my future.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm

mauser06 wrote:But man..I don't like looking around and seeing strangers with high powered rifles lol.

My thoughts exactly. Firearms season is when me and my bow retreated to the little postage stamp woods on my buddy's farm, or that nice HAP land.
The day I heard the story of an uncle's friend using the scope on his rifle to identify the hunter walking in...I thought no thank you. :snooty:
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”