Central and north central MN

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sean952

Central and north central MN

Unread postby Sean952 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:19 am

To any beasts that hunt central and north central MN on state forests wma’s and wpa’s. Do you consider most of these Hill country, swamp, Marsh terrain? I know with in any area there are small swamps or marshes but as a whole I’m trying to think of best way of narrowing down areas with out being all over the place and info overload.

creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Re: Central and north central MN

Unread postby creepingdeth » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:34 am

Hey Sean, dont really have an answer, never hunt that part of the state(yet)...Dont get uptight, this is supposed to be fun. I'm guessing that it isn't quite hill country, but there is elevation...some hill country tactics can be used. Lots of good info on this site. Try cyber scouting...you dont have to hunt the whole area, maybe only 10% will hold a good buck. If you've never been in this place, pick what looks to be the best spot, plan an entry the best you can, hopefully stand on your back, look for fresh sign, and hunt it. Think positive and most important, learn something.
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”