Who's the best?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckfever
500 Club

Who's the best?

Unread postby Buckfever » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 am

Who's the best public land archer buck hunter out there?

I want to become a better public land archery , mature buck hunter. I'm not new at this, at this point I need to benchmark the very best, I need their mentoring. Who are these guys?

U.P. MAN
500 Club

Re: Who's the best?

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 am

HMMMM.... I think i might have a guy in mind :lol: You came to the right site to find out! Look for the guy whose name is in orange
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:23 am

I'm the best, so what do you want to know? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 am

Buckfever wrote:Who's the best public land archer buck hunter out there?

I want to become a better public land archery , mature buck hunter. I'm not new at this, at this point I need to benchmark the very best, I need their mentoring. Who are these guys?

I am not one of them, but there are several great public land hunters here. Your best bet is just ask away and one of them is sure to chime in. Dan chimes in on almost every post.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:45 am

Spysar wrote:I'm the best, so what do you want to know? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And modest too! :lol:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:18 am

Who's the best public land archer buck hunter out there?

I don't think there is a "best" public land hunter... ( Except maybe Spysar :lol: )
We all have certain things we excell over others. Such as some are very good at traveling to distant public land successfully such as Dor & Spysar on this site, some are good at tracking big woods bucks with a gun such as Magicman, some are very good at readind big woods like Publiclandhunter...
I could go on and on, but the point is that everybody who is successful has figured out a system that works for him. To get your system to excell to even better results, I would consider looking at several hunters different successful approaches to hunting public land, use the stuff that applies to you, and ignor the rest... ;)
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 am

Find a spot with few hunters and many deer...

Youre welcome! :idea:
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:36 am

Looks like we lost some content. The Eberhart suggestion was solid, I read the 2 articles scout smart and prepare them right and pretty much do all of that, except that 6 foot lanes are alarming to the pressured bucks I hunt. At some point I'll pick up the DVDs.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:53 am

magicman54494 wrote:
Spysar wrote:I'm the best, so what do you want to know? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And modest too! :lol:

I'm glad folks on here have a sense of humor. :D

Seriously Buckfver, Dan has been the best on here at consistently giving great big buck public land info. He's shared more tactics than anyone on the site. There are a lot of super hunters on this site as well. I'd name a few but I don't want to leave anyone out. Stick around and you'll find all different types of tactics from all over the country that work.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 pm

If I would have to pick 1, for whitetail.

Myles Keller, would be my choice.
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:00 pm

I can honestly tell you that the best Public Land hunter is the guy who spends the most time scouting......cheesy answer....but on the right track. Next fall it may be you!

PLH
Go farther, stay longer.........hunt harder.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Buckfever wrote:... At some point I'll pick up the DVDs.

I have the DVD's. I was very disappointed. John's a good guy, but he could have done a far better job IMO.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 pm

publiclandhunter wrote:I can honestly tell you that the best Public Land hunter is the guy who spends the most time scouting......cheesy answer....but on the right track. Next fall it may be you!

PLH

100% agree with that!!!
You can get big deer a few times in your life (if your lucky)! Being in the right spot at the right time, but it's those Guys/Gals that do it year in and year out that seperates the rest us from them. I want to be one of them...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”