Are my points trashed?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bass28

Are my points trashed?

Unread postby bass28 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:40 am

I was hunting a buck bedding area on a point when a group of hunters drove off the ridge. Are the other points on this ridge now trashed? How does deer drives and hunting pressure effect 'beast' hunting for the rest of the season?

Jackson Marsh

Re: Are my points trashed?

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 am

Might be trashed or they could be right back in there. Depends on how many other good bedding areas are available to them in the area as well as surrounding pressure....so it depends. No straight answer IMO.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:03 am

I wouldn't hesitate throwing a stand at it in a couple weeks, and seeing what happens.

If nothing else, it gives you intel, if the same thing happens again some time. Learning how tolerant the deer in your area are, is great knowledge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:19 am

The deer have typically moved back into the drive areas within a day or two back when were doing deer drives. I don't think the pushes will ruin the spot unless they do them every week.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”