Chippewa river bottoms

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sam

Chippewa river bottoms

Unread postby sam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:34 am

Has anyone hunted or scouted the river bottoms in Dunn cty Wisconsin? Was wondering what the hunting is like for pressure from other hunters and how deer populations are? Also I am thinking of the muddy creek area as well?

MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Re: Chippewa river bottoms

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:57 am

Never hunted in Dunn county, but I spent a good amount of time in the Tiffany bottoms when I was younger with my Grandpa. I never bowhunted it, just gun hunted it. We used to take a jon boat to our "spots".

Lots of gun pressure but lots of deer. Plenty of space to get lost and beautiful country!
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:39 pm

agreed. Lots of gun pressure and rut brings a fair amount of pressure but plenty of space mid week and pre rut. A ghost town late season.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:26 pm

I been in those mentioned areas... Lots of land to hunt, but parking lots are usually full on the weekends...
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:04 am

When I was at school at UWEC I waterfowl hunted Muddy Creek wildlife area a handful of times. I went during the week quite a bit and never saw too many cars around. But, that would have been during bow season, not gun.
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Dunnville bottoms gets a lot of local landowner pressure. But no more so than anywhere else really. The last time I hunted it was 10 years ago. It's awesome country and there are some good bucks there. Muddy Creek wa I have never hunted, but have thought about it. I drive past it all the time when going from Chippewa county where I live, to my land in Pierce county.
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:27 pm

That entire stretch from Eau Claire down to Pepin along the Chippewa river is just awesome country.
sam

Unread postby sam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:23 am

I live about 5 miles from muddy creek and have heard it holds some nice deer. I also would drive though some of the river bottoms on the way to work. Seen there has been alot of select cuts and clear cuts and seems like alot of crops are now turned into grasslands for birds. Lots of woods though looking at aerials. Guessing alot of the better hunting will be along interior transitions.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”