Labor Day Weekend Scouting Trip

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: Labor Day Weekend Scouting Trip

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:26 am

whitetailassasin wrote:
stash59 wrote:Sounds good. Just don't get too attached to hunting here! ;) :lol: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Thinking it's going to be something I do year in and year out for at least the next 5 years foreseeable

Don't be surprised if you run into a couple fellow Beasts along the way!!!

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:59 am

whitetailassasin wrote:Just wanted to give an update to those following along. I was in Wisconsin this past weekend. Glassing, and doing some light recon of the lands I've been cyber scouting. I drove around and checked out public entry routes, did some light scouting outside of bedding points etc I had observed. Got some pretty good spots picked out for the opening weekend. I saw a lot of little green acorns on the ground in specific places. And the sign was unbelievable.Found a scrape line fresh right outside of a bedding point, and in a secluded acorn flat off a slight ridge. I saw 15 bucks the first day scouting. :shock: and half were :o . Can't wait to get back there for the opener. Good luck to all with the season coming up quick.

Sounds like me when I got to Iowa the first time scouting last year. Then reality hit once the season started. :doh: :lol:

Good luck to you. Hope to see you in the Kill Zone.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Good luck man, Hope you nail a big one!
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Good luck in WI Jason......can't wait to see how it goes for ya!
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 pm

stash59 wrote:
whitetailassasin wrote:
stash59 wrote:Sounds good. Just don't get too attached to hunting here! ;) :lol: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Thinking it's going to be something I do year in and year out for at least the next 5 years foreseeable

Don't be surprised if you run into a couple fellow Beasts along the way!!!

I'm looking forward to it actually. Wouldn't be upset one bit. Plenty of deer to go around. I'd like to say size doesn't matter to me, but the experience and the journey will make this season for me. I'm eager to see how this all unfolds.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Dewey wrote:
whitetailassasin wrote:Just wanted to give an update to those following along. I was in Wisconsin this past weekend. Glassing, and doing some light recon of the lands I've been cyber scouting. I drove around and checked out public entry routes, did some light scouting outside of bedding points etc I had observed. Got some pretty good spots picked out for the opening weekend. I saw a lot of little green acorns on the ground in specific places. And the sign was unbelievable.Found a scrape line fresh right outside of a bedding point, and in a secluded acorn flat off a slight ridge. I saw 15 bucks the first day scouting. :shock: and half were :o . Can't wait to get back there for the opener. Good luck to all with the season coming up quick.

Sounds like me when I got to Iowa the first time scouting last year. Then reality hit once the season started. :doh: :lol:

Good luck to you. Hope to see you in the Kill Zone.

Didn't you tag a good buck there in Iowa? Seems like I remember you posing with one somewhere :mrgreen: I'm a person who's expectations are high, and I'm extremely motivated to enjoy the moment and learn as much as I can for future hunts and seasons. To me the most important aspect of my above reply, was that the sign is there, the deer are there, now comes the chess match. I can promise only one thing, I will take in the beauty and the moment, and if there is a buck worth chasing in my sights, i'll give it my all.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”