Big buck's and parking lots

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike32
500 Club

Big buck's and parking lots

Unread postby Mike32 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 pm

I've been reading a lot on here about over looked spots and places others don't hunt. So I was out last night doing some glassing in a small area that I never see people hunt on the piece of public land. So until the end of the night to when it got dark I ended up seeing four doe and three buck with one being one of the he biggest I've seen. The funny part about it is they were only 150 yd from the parking lot coming out right before dark. So I just wanted to thank all you Beast members for mentioning all these different places to check out I appreciate it.

Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Rich M
500 Club

Re: Big buck's and parking lots

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 am

Good deal, Mike.

Hope you get him.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:01 am

Great Find!

Now go figure out how to kill him!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
STIKnSTRING

Unread postby STIKnSTRING » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 am

Pretty crazy to think they'd bed that close to a parking lot. I had a similar situation last year, but unfortunately another hunter made a ground blind right in his bed. Didn't know it til I went in for the hunt.

Best of luck with your new spot
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:49 am

Great intel! Congrats!
Beastintraining

Unread postby Beastintraining » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:14 am

There are a few spots like that near where I hunt. Most guys park and walk back across the fields to the large block of hardwoods but ignore the nasty thick bramble patch next to the parking lot. I have seen a few bucks in there that would make any beast proud. Another spot isn't specifically near parking but its a 10acre tip of public land that no one ever notices because the neighbor posted it (guys would park there like they would hunt the public and then trespass on his land). If you get in there you will find some good deer every now and then. I love how its the small out of the way places, specially in a more urban setting, that you find good bucks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”