Hunting kansas in late October ?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rich M
500 Club

Re: Hunting kansas in late October ?

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:33 pm

My nephew is in KS. I was planning to go in a couple years and try the same time frame - looking for early rut movement and avoiding the crush of hunters. If nephew will get out and scout some bucks, might even go earlier to take advantage of bed to feed patterns.

GoInLight

Unread postby GoInLight » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:05 pm

Rich M wrote:My nephew is in KS. I was planning to go in a couple years and try the same time frame - looking for early rut movement and avoiding the crush of hunters. If nephew will get out and scout some bucks, might even go earlier to take advantage of bed to feed patterns.

I have a friend that went out early two years ago and he killed a nice high 50s buck. Another buddy is going in September this year too. Everyone has told me it's risky going that last week of October because it's very weather dependent. I'm hoping to catch a big one cruising and call him in..... This is off topic but I went out in April and did a turkey hunt. It was a ton of fun and we met several farmers that have great land. Killed two birds a piece too. I was shocked how nice people were and really open to letting us hunt.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm more worried about the crowds - last thing I want to do is drive 20 hrs to sit in a tree and see another guy in a tree 60-80-100 yards away. Kinda steals the magic.

I like to get into rural areas - folks turn friendly, it is like a ray of sunshine.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”