Boot Recommendations

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tgreeno
500 Club

Re: Boot Recommendations

Unread postby tgreeno » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:46 am

The original question of this post was "boot recommendations"!

I thought on this forum people are allowed to recommend what has worked for them during there hunting. Without others making judgements, with no firsthand experience about the specific products. It seems some people just want to disagree with everyone?

jmaas07 wrote:I think I'm just going to hunt barefoot, who needs boots anyway

:lol: :clap: :dance: Free!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:40 am

I've had good luck with my alpha burly's for the last 5 or 6 years. I have used them for Hunting, scouting, fishing and even pouring concrete...
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:45 am

You can't go wrong with Mucks. The wetland or fieldblazer. Love them both. Regulates your temp, light weight, comfortable and extremely durable
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:07 am

siwhitetail wrote:Well made boots aren't gadgets.

Yeah in hindsight gadgets was the wrong word. Should have said "quality with a cost".

As I get older I am more and more willing to spend the extra money for a quality made product. Every once in awhile you come across something cheap that's worthwhile but it's extremely rare. When it comes to boots comfort is #1 and this is something you just don't get with cheap boots. The downside is very few boots are made in USA anymore. I cringe spending over a $100 for something made in China but so far have been fairly lucky. Wish we had more options but unfortunately they are extremely limited.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:20 am

I completely understand the whole quality aspect u speak of and certainly recommend getting the best gear u can afford. My rant was based on a conversation with a young kid down the road about why he does not hunt. The list of equipment this kid felt he needed just to have a chance at a buck was mind boggling to me. Just threw that out there incase another young man came across the thread would understand better gear might lead to better comfort it isn't required to be successful.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:27 am

Boogieman1 wrote:I completely understand the whole quality aspect u speak of and certainly recommend getting the best gear u can afford. My rant was based on a conversation with a young kid down the road about why he does not hunt. The list of equipment this kid felt he needed just to have a chance at a buck was mind boggling to me. Just threw that out there incase another young man came across the thread would understand better gear might lead to better comfort it isn't required to be successful.

Not tying to be argumentative or anything, just throwing out some constructive criticism here for future interactions on the forum...before you cleared that up there is no way someone would have known your intentions of the posts. This forum is a great place for good discussions about tactics, gear ect. In general I'd like to see it stay that way and not have threads get derailed with rants ect.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:05 am

jmaas07 wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:I completely understand the whole quality aspect u speak of and certainly recommend getting the best gear u can afford. My rant was based on a conversation with a young kid down the road about why he does not hunt. The list of equipment this kid felt he needed just to have a chance at a buck was mind boggling to me. Just threw that out there incase another young man came across the thread would understand better gear might lead to better comfort it isn't required to be successful.

Not tying to be argumentative or anything, just throwing out some constructive criticism here for future interactions on the forum...before you cleared that up there is no way someone would have known your intentions of the posts. This forum is a great place for good discussions about tactics, gear ect. In general I'd like to see it stay that way and not have threads get derailed with rants ect.

10/4 my apologies
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:08 am

jmaas07 wrote:

X2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:34 am

Midway USA has size 8 and 12 aerohead boots for 77 with free shipping as of 1230 on Monday the 3rd.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
rthunter

Unread postby rthunter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:12 am

I agree with the 7mm option in the Aeroheads - for sitting in the stand the extra helps; had a few days last year with some cold toes but better socks and I was in great shape. Prior to the hard temps of winter I go with Cabelas Snakebooks - they have a few options but I had my last pair for about 4-5yrs and when they cracked they gave me the last known sale price on the boots toward any new pair which didn't completely cover the replacement but it was less than $20 out of pocket. If they had the same built still in service they would have provided those no cost but they had taken them out of circulation.
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Not to start another argument but you don't need boots. Dan slays them in his bare feet :D
Graham_van

Unread postby Graham_van » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:30 am

irish setter rutmaster is a great boot.

Also like the lacrosee.
Can't kill em if they aren't there

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”