Boot Recommendations

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
Jonny
500 Club

Re: Boot Recommendations

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:48 am

Boogieman1 wrote:If u r paying a couple hundred bucks for some dang rubber boots I got some ocean front property in Arizona for ya! Warm weather get some cheap boots if they fall apart patch em with marine patching for boats.. Cold weather I've stated my opinion but good god paying afew hundred for some dang boots is crazy, just kick me in the nutts and call it a day. U r paying 4 the name. Look up Nike shoes the most expensive pair the make cost less than 2 bones but yet they sell it for afew hundred. Research your crap people blood suckers are all out there

Never paid over a hundred for mine. Do some research and find them on sale. I got one pair for $90 and the other for $60. Both retail for like $170

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:54 am

Boogieman1 wrote:If u r paying a couple hundred bucks for some dang rubber boots I got some ocean front property in Arizona for ya! Warm weather get some cheap boots if they fall apart patch em with marine patching for boats.. Cold weather I've stated my opinion but good god paying afew hundred for some dang boots is crazy, just kick me in the nutts and call it a day. U r paying 4 the name. Look up Nike shoes the most expensive pair the make cost less than 2 bones but yet they sell it for afew hundred. Research your crap people blood suckers are all out there

Aeroheads are $120 on sale. Cheaper if you really look for some deals. Tried a lot of bargain boots in the past and they were trashed in no time, sometimes after only a few hunts walking through tangled underwater stuff and blowdowns in the marsh. So far Aeroheads lasted 3 seasons with 100's of scouting miles included. Sometimes spending money on quality is much less hassle in the end. ;)
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:04 am

Dewey wrote:

Aeroheads are $120 on sale. Cheaper if you really look for some deals. Tried a lot of bargain boots in the past and they were trashed in no time, sometimes after only a few hunts walking through tangled underwater stuff and blowdowns in the marsh. So far Aeroheads lasted 3 seasons with 100's of scouting miles included. Sometimes spending money on quality is much less hassle in the end. ;)

Ends up being cheaper too :lol:
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 am

Dewey wrote:

Second what Dewey said. I have had a pair for 3 seasons as well and they are just now starting to give way and the inside material is tearing by the heel. I'll use them for 1 more season. Couple hundred dollars for 4 seasons worth of use, money well spent. Not to mention they are far more comfortable than any cheapo pair of rubber boots.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:48 am

I'm no math wizard but if a pair of boots costs 10x more and doesn't even out last a cheapo what are u paying for?
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:I'm no math wizard but if a pair of boots costs 10x more and doesn't even out last a cheapo what are u paying for?

Why live in a house when you can live in a cardboard box for free? :think:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Good boots = $100

Buying bad boots = $10. Realizing they suck and you want better quality because your feet ache, and you can't take being uncomfortable while hunting, so you buy the good boots, that equals $10 + $100 = $110. So now I'm out $10, and have a pair of junk boots to remind me of it.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Mine were on sale 180.00 however they are almost two years old and still waterproof after walking probably 50 plus miles in them still going strong.

They are also snakeproof and very comfortable. 90 percent of snake boots are not comfortable.
Here in the south snake boots are a must have.
I will buy Irish Setter Vaporteks again worth it.

That being said ive had redheads and rockys that were not worth what i paid for them i can understand why some are scared to spend alot on boots.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
GWsaddleuser

Unread postby GWsaddleuser » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:22 pm

IRISH SETTERS IS ALL I OWN

Irish Setters vaportek 400 grain ....bow and most of gun season, turkey season, coyote hunting
Irish Setters rubber boots 800 gr......late gun season and coyotes in February
Irish Setters rubber boots uninsulated .... bow, early gun, turkey season

Most comfortable boots ever! ((And don't worry about any insoles, best arch support ever))
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:I'm no math wizard but if a pair of boots costs 10x more and doesn't even out last a cheapo what are u paying for?

Then why hunt public if u can get a hand fed high fence buck for 20 grAnd? I don't complain about my 10 dollAr boots so saving $100. But if u got money to burn here big baller has a $750 dollar pair that might be right up some peeps alley! Fancy clothes and gear don't kill big bucks hard work and determination do. Often wonder how hunters 30 years ago survived without all these gadgets.i did 10 years in the service in bad conditions without all this must have gear in real world life threatening conditions guess I was just lucky
-John Wayne-
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:50 pm

I think I'm just going to hunt barefoot, who needs boots anyway
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Then why hunt public if u can get a hand fed high fence buck for 20 grAnd? I don't complain about my 10 dollAr boots so saving $100. But if u got money to burn here big baller has a $750 dollar pair that might be right up some peeps alley! Fancy clothes and gear don't kill big bucks hard work and determination do. Often wonder how hunters 30 years ago survived without all these gadgets.i did 10 years in the service in bad conditions without all this must have gear in real world life threatening conditions guess I was just lucky

Your preaching to the choir here Boogieman. You won't find a more dedicated hard working group than we have here at the Beast. Some people are into the gadgets and some people like to take the low cost minimalistic approach. Neither is wrong and in the end all that matters is that we are having fun enjoying what we love to do.
siwhitetail

Unread postby siwhitetail » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Well made boots aren't gadgets. I used to buy $10 rubber boots. I still have several pair. They last a decent amount of time, but are just dang uncomfortable. Two years ago I bought a $40 pair from Sportsman's Guide. They were so much more comfortable. I was sold! Then they fell apart in a hurry. So now, I'm looking for that kind of comfort with 4+ years of endurance.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Your preaching to the choir here Boogieman. You won't find a more dedicated hard working group than we have here at the Beast. Some people are into the gadgets and some people like to take the low cost minimalistic approach. Neither is wrong and in the end all that matters is that we are having fun enjoying what we love to do.

Agreed! :D
-John Wayne-
sim22mie

Unread postby sim22mie » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:06 am

Love my Aeroheads. Have the 3.5's. So much better on hilly terrain. My foot stays put and doesn't slide like they did in Muck's. Much, much lighter too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”