Finding public land

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Finding public land

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:59 am

justin84 wrote:Good tip! Just threw away an old Vilas county plat book a few weekends ago actually. Even though it's easier than ever to find public land, most of the areas I go to have little human activity since we tend to hunt "unconventional" areas.

I hunt huge tracts of well marked county forest. I know some areas will have multiple guys within sight of eachother every weekend, and other areas that probably haven't seen human sign in decades. Just cause you find the land doesn't mean you will hunt it properly. I openly say where I hunt. It's over 100,000 acres. Probably over 200,000 acres when you add the bordering county forest. Good luck finding me if you want to.

Small properties meanwhile I will stay quiet about. Or properties that are relatively unknown in better areas of the state.

Access to public land is easy. You still won't see guys back in the marshes and swamps. 98% of the hunters don't do that. The other 2% are here

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”