SE Ohio Public

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Northwoods516

SE Ohio Public

Unread postby Northwoods516 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:19 am

Hello all,

Hoping to find someone from that SE Ohio area to let me know how much snow, if any, is on the ground there.
Me and a buddy are doing a week long bow hunt in late Oct next year, but are planning on coming down for a long
weekend the first of March for scouting. The plan was to get there right around the time there is no snow left so hoping I can get
some updates as it gets closer.
We did hunt in the same area about 8 years ago with one tag filled and the other eaten. Mostly Wayne National Forest and Zaleski State Forest and
will be focusing on those areas again this coming year. Any current info would be great. I have been hearing that the herd is quite a bit smaller
than it was 8 years ago? Everyone also talks about how crowded the public is. I am assuming those folks don't hunt in Michigan. When we were there
last time, I think we saw 2 other hunters all week.
Thanks ahead of time for snow updates.
Tom

WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Re: SE Ohio Public

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 am

Sent ya a pm
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
Jdw
500 Club

Unread postby Jdw » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:31 pm

I live about 70 miles NE of Wane national forest.

Not much snow accumulation so far this year. It won't be hard to schedule around snow if the trend holds.
Northwoods516

Unread postby Northwoods516 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 am

Hi,

We are heading down tonight for a long weekend of scouting. Mostly Vinton County.
Any weather updates. Snow on the ground?
Thanks, Tom
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:07 am

Northwoods516 wrote:Hi,

We are heading down tonight for a long weekend of scouting. Mostly Vinton County.
Any weather updates. Snow on the ground?
Thanks, Tom

Definitely no snow. It's been very warm in the area and we just had some really nasty storms roll through yesterday causing some flooding. I will be scouting in Adams county this weekend and my plans of using Kayak for access got killed because of how high the water got lol. Good luck out there!
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:13 am

I was over there today, several roads were closed due to high water. Couldn't get to all the places I wanted to go but I was coughing my head off with a cold I've had for a week and had my fill anyway. Water was going down so you should be good for this weekend.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:24 am

WV Bowhunter wrote:I was over there today, several roads were closed due to high water. Couldn't get to all the places I wanted to go but I was coughing my head off with a cold I've had for a week and had my fill anyway. Water was going down so you should be good for this weekend.

My plans to scout Ohio got killed this morning so i'm going to PA to look around lol. Will head to Ohio when the water goes down some more. Got two killer looking spots to access by kayak that I NEED to check out :mrgreen:

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”