?.on last sit for awhile

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mag1
500 Club

?.on last sit for awhile

Unread postby mag1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:56 am

I'm going out Monday, probably around 1:00 till close. With the super moon, and a N wind, I have a spot where a big bruiser has been seen on the south side of the river bedding. South side is private, it's a classic oxbow in the marsh. I can get to the west of the spot far enough away to have it setup like a just off wind situation. I haven't used scents in a few years, but I am wondering if I where to try one of those Tinks hot shot bombs, i also have some James river wall hanger that's been in the back of the fridge for a long time, if that might lure him back across the river if he is around. There r others around as well, but as a last ditch effort, what do u guys think?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: ?.on last sit for awhile

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:03 am

If you believe he is not going to come naturally it might be worth a shot to call or use scent... but if you have a chance naturally, I would go that wrought...
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Thanks Dan, I think I'll go in as is. My buddie shot a fork horn in this area wendsday night, it was running a doe with another small buck. I won't be in the same spot but close by, looks like a lot of good bedding all over this area. It's getting some pressure, but I don't think there is to much close to the river.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:33 pm

I went into an area on a tip where a giant buck was supposed to be living. I saw him the 1st day I hunted him from an observation stand walking thru swamp ( not coming to me) . I grunted at him and he took off running like someone kicked him. Natural is better... Calls and scents in my opinion are for when you need to pull him over.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”