Deer stands left on State or Federal land question.

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chasman

Deer stands left on State or Federal land question.

Unread postby Chasman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:30 pm

I know most will avoid or move up or downwind of someone's set on public that's fine. I get jacked up for the fact its illegal on Federal land and some guys just don't care. They for some reason are above the law. Do you? Would you turn stand location to in? If I had a marker yesterday I would have put a personal message on stand. Over a mile back humping my gear scouting and looking for spot for night sit and spot stand from a 60 yards out. I then moved down wind NE last night and there was a good trail set up nada. Not a ton of sign for this time of year. Did find an Apple tree though.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

IkemanTx
500 Club

Re: Deer stands left on State or Federal land question.

Unread postby IkemanTx » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:09 am

In a couple properties I hunt there is a no tree damage and 72 hour rule. I report the stands that don't comply. Just a quick email with GPS coordinates and a picture. Sometimes I get a response with resolution, sometimes nothing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:09 am

On our public you can leave them up all season but they are supposed to be down within 30 days after the season closes. Last year one guy never took them down (at least 15 stands) and they are still up this year. If they don't get taken down this year I'll report.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:18 am

I see this question pop up a lot. It's a problem everywhere. You can call in about it to a game warden or the property manager but I wouldn't recommend taking matters into your own hands and writing notes or removing stands. The person will probably just blow a note anyway. Best to let the guys who get paid to handle it do their job. Notify them and let them handle it. If nothing is done about it, move on. At least you know exactly where the hunter pressure will be.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:42 am

It is a problem everywhere. Hunters use them as a tactic to save "their spots" on public land. I wish that the states would prohibit stands being left overnight on public land. Do whatever you want on private but on public land it is first come first serve.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”