Brushy Creek / Boone Forks Iowa Help!

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

njason99

Brushy Creek / Boone Forks Iowa Help!

Unread postby njason99 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:39 am

Hello to all. I have been lingering around the forum for some time now but this will be my first time posting.

I am a traveling public land hunter from Georgia looking for some possible pointers. In the passed years I have been hunting public lands in Southern Ohio and Western Kentucky but this year I will be giving Iowa a try. I have been drawn for a Unit 2 tag and I am planning to hunt the Brushy Creek and Boone Forks areas. I know this is not a prime unit of Iowa to hunt but when the tag was applied for I planned on heading to Iowa with a friend from the Fort Dodge area that knew his was around. Now that my friends plans have fallen through, I have been hung out to dry, and I am hoping to find some helpful information about the areas. If anyone has any experience with the area please chime in a let me know what you think, and what I should expect on these areas. I will be hunting the area from November 5-13 so hopefully hitting the rut at a good time. Being from Ga I have not had a chance to travel out and scout the area in person. I have done quite a bit of scouting online from google earth but as we all know a little insight from some boots on the ground is always very helpful. Once again, I'm not really asking anyone to tell me your hunting spots, but any amount of information about the area is helpful.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”