Kansas public land hunt

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

blizzardhunter
500 Club

Kansas public land hunt

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:22 pm

I had a buddy invite me on a Illinois guided hunt next year. He leaves in a week for his 5th year in a row. He has killed some good bucks and the price isn't bad. It got me thinking about a DIY hunt in Kansas. It would be cheaper. I've looked online at public ground but just don't know where to start. Most of the ground is open with few to no trees. I know Kansas is known for the crp ground but not sure what I'm looking for. Where do I start?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

fishlips
500 Club

Re: Kansas public land hunt

Unread postby fishlips » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Can't help on where to hunt but check out the whitetail adrenaline dvds to get an idea of a way to hunt it

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:46 am

I would call a few local wardens to find the suitable areas for bowhunting. Could email too but you don't always get an answer. Or even contact whitetail/hunting clubs and talk to a member or two. They might be able to point you to some more wooded areas.

If they point you to a certain region, THEN start cyber scouting and using public land maps.

All I can say is hunting whitetails with a bow in open flat ground is no joke! The adrenaline boys make it look easy...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Graham_van

Unread postby Graham_van » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:42 am

South East Kansas is good bowhunting. Start with some of the lakes for public hunting. Plenty of trees to hunt out of and good cover/crops in the river bottoms. Some of the lakes get hit hard but you can find places to get away from pressure
Can't kill em if they aren't there

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”