New (to me) Public land spot

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

H2archer

New (to me) Public land spot

Unread postby H2archer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

I have hunted some of this wildlife area several years ago. Never this part though. Anything that's flat or within a hundred yards of that bottom road gets absolutely hammered. Everything else is fairly low pressure, or at least it was several years ago. I have scoured over the maps and come up with a few spots I'd like to pack in and set up on but I was hoping a few of you cyber scouting experts would give your opinions as well. Thanks!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

H2archer

Re: New (to me) Public land spot

Unread postby H2archer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:07 am

I forgot to mention the wind seems to be predominantly out of the west.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
<DK>
500 Club

Re: New (to me) Public land spot

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Ill take a crack at it... i hope you get some higher elevation guys to chime in. I honesty think the best West Wind bedding areas look to be on/over property lines, but there are a few areas i like. Do not discount long bench ridges either. I reall like the water hole placements, aside from the trail being close. I hope this helps.

Topo:
I specifically like the area circled and the areas marked closest to the most southern 1000ft mark for a west wind mixed w others.
*Purple (far east) - Im not sure if its too steep, but i kind of like the slight ridges coming off the field
*Yellow - I would really like this spot, except the trail runs right by it. Do not discount it though, they know where pressure comes from and will bed smelling / watching trails.

Arial:
I just marked everything obvious transitions and fields... all of the fields look great. I personally would go to the very bottoms ones. I do like that bottom yellow marking connecting to the small field. Lastly, idk why, but i love those spots i marked touching the power line. I just always have good luck w bucks there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”