How often to hunt a stand ?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ihookem
500 Club

How often to hunt a stand ?

Unread postby ihookem » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:30 pm

I found what I thought was a very promising stand on Tuesday Nov. 10. I marked it on the GPS and came back to hunt the stand tonight ( Saturday 11/14.) A nice doe and a big buck came out just before dusk . They never came in range . As it got good and dark , I very quietly left. The buck spooked when I was still in the stand , just a little though. It ran off for about 30' and looked around . Then they walked away. I had to go through a lot of brush to get out but it was the opposite way the deer came and went. Wind was totally in my favor. Do you think one sit lessens the chance of seeing the deer again? I'm not sure. I can say though , I have my best chances of seeing a deer is on the first sit.. Is it coincidence , or is this the case for everyone?

Redman232

Re: How often to hunt a stand ?

Unread postby Redman232 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:53 pm

If they were together today, they will more than likely be together tomorrow, the doe will drag him where she goes. I would hunt it again but move to where you can kill him. When they are locked down they tend to hole up in a small area, until they separate.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”