Public Land Wisconsin Hunting Trip-2015

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mpbaker82

Public Land Wisconsin Hunting Trip-2015

Unread postby mpbaker82 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm pumped! I leave for San Diego on Sunday for work then fly home on Wednesday then out the door on Thursday for a week of rifle season in Wisconsin :L: . My brother lives just north of Milwaukie so rent is cheap :) :dance: . We are public land hunters and have hunted the same location for many years.

In 2009, I was able to travel to Buffalo County located just east of Minneapolis. Here we found some public land that sided with an outfitter. I was able to take me a nice mature 10 pointer (150ish). Took four of us to drag that beast close to 2 miles back to the truck.

Anyways, this land we hunt is public and I've always had a hard time finding good locations. When I find locations I think are good they turn out to be nothing at all :think: . I can't scout as I live over 700miles away.

I was wondering if I posted some aerial photos of the land we are hunting if anyone could give some advice or just point and grunt :D

Thanks!
Michael

Dewey

Re: Public Land Wisconsin Hunting Trip-2015

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm sure if you posted them many would be glad to help.

Just make sure you don't have any identifying coordinates or anything else on the maps. This is the internet afterall and would hate to see anybody move in on you. ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mpbaker82

Unread postby mpbaker82 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:35 pm

your from SE Wisconsin? nice! I love that area. I'm trying to get my wife to move to the area. She thinks its to cold up there. I tell her its not any colder then what it is in the tristate area. Hehe! I wont hold my breath.

Ill see what i can do. I use Caltopo and GoogleEarthPro. Im sure there's something i can do.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Good luck.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:29 pm

POst it...
mpbaker82

Unread postby mpbaker82 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:32 am

So here is one location i tend to hunt. Its part of a much bigger area. The area highlighted is public land. There are two small spots at the bottom that are private, and the section on the west is private aswell. And for those of you that are local to the area im sure you will notice where this place is. :P come find me, we go have a beer. :L:

The first picture is a Arial photo with highlights on elevation. The second photo is a elevation hybrid that might help find funnels.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”