Public buck down

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Autumn Ninja

Re: Public buck down

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:16 am

virginiashadow wrote:Ninja, you should post up some of your other public land bucks. You could be a dang pro-staffer anywhere with the types of public land bucks you have put down over the years with your bow. AWESOME buck!
Ok shadow....just a teaser though...you know how humble and modest I am :mrgreen:

virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:24 am

Simply awesome! I am going to kill one like that tomorrow morning before 8:00am, even after the guns have been blazing for two weeks. hahahaahaha-yeah right, but I will give it my all!
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:29 am

I hope so Shadow...I'm pulling for ya, that would make me just as happy as killing one myself!!!!
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:39 am

I am going to hunt on an unassuming 250 acre spot that border some serious gun pressure and private land that noone hunts. I am going to try to cut off a buck as he gets pushed from the gun hunters to me in a low lying area that is a pinch point to where they want to bed. I don't think I will have much action afte the first 1.5 hours of the morning, but I am hoping to get lucky. I am going for it tomorrow morning at 4am after working a 14 hour day today. Dang it I deserve it! hahaha.
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:56 am

virginiashadow wrote:I am going to hunt on an unassuming 250 acre spot that border some serious gun pressure and private land that noone hunts. I am going to try to cut off a buck as he gets pushed from the gun hunters to me in a low lying area that is a pinch point to where they want to bed. I don't think I will have much action afte the first 1.5 hours of the morning, but I am hoping to get lucky. I am going for it tomorrow morning at 4am after working a 14 hour day today. Dang it I deserve it! hahaha.

That sounds like a good plan!!!

How late does your season stay open? By med-to-late Dec. whats still living should be back to normal. They will revert back to a med-Oct. cycle...just with a different food source and a lot less pressure.
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:20 am

We close down the last week of December or the first week of January, not sure. My hunting time is limited due to my wife's schedule. I should be able to get in 5-6 more days of hunting (mostly PM hunts on weekends) and some during the holidays. I wish I had more time, but I just don't. I am going to keep at it until the end.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Autumn Ninja wrote:
virginiashadow wrote:Ninja, you should post up some of your other public land bucks. You could be a dang pro-staffer anywhere with the types of public land bucks you have put down over the years with your bow. AWESOME buck!
Ok shadow....just a teaser though...you know how humble and modest I am :mrgreen:

Nice bucks Ninja! 8-)
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:46 am

i hope to have a collection of public bucks like that some day! should've had a 140-160" 8 pt but i stopped him too soon

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”