Interesting sign at the entrance to a public hunting area

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Re: Interesting sign at the entrance to a public hunting are

Unread postby olivertractor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 pm

Dewey wrote:Littering is a huge problem in parking areas of public lands especially in the northwoods. I have found everything from bags of garbage to shingles, drywall and old electronics like tv's. Even if there is no camera it will get these idiots thinking twice about littering. I for one am tired of seeing all that crap on public land. About time the DNR does more to deal with them since they can't be everywhere.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Yes it is, and the crazy thing is it probably cost them just as much in gas to off it out in the woods????? Smart like a thief!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:49 am

Dewey wrote:Littering is a huge problem in parking areas of public lands especially in the northwoods. I have found everything from bags of garbage to shingles, drywall and old electronics like tv's. Even if there is no camera it will get these idiots thinking twice about littering. I for one am tired of seeing all that crap on public land. About time the DNR does more to deal with them since they can't be everywhere.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

x2. I once hauled away 12 tires, a toilet, stereo and some other miscellaneous junk from one public land parking lot, and that was just the beginning. It sucks that some people are such dirtballs and dump whatever they please there. Also usually see a number of partially butchered deer carcasses around the parking lots as well.
HighNtree

Unread postby HighNtree » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:09 pm

So much for going into the deer woods for a little peace and solitude :roll:
rizzo999
500 Club

Unread postby rizzo999 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:11 am

Hunted a piece of public land last year that opened for the first time on Oct 1st. I hunted it Oct 19th just to check it out. There was zero litter anywhere on the property from the tiny parking area to the extreme back of the property. It was awesome (not to mention how many deer I saw and how calm they were)! I came back on Nov 1st and our wonderful hunting peers had the parking lot littered with empty chip bags, soda cans, 5 hour energy cans, etc... Then, I came across various wrappers and disposed of bottles/cans at the bottom of trees that very recognizable marks from climbers. Really makes us ALL look like friggin slobs.
WEEGEE

Unread postby WEEGEE » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:17 pm

it just seems like every time some one moves out/in a house around here ,i find old chairs/burn barrels/garbage bags piled along a back roads.
why can't these small cities get a public dumpsters for these people?...i'd rather pay for that as paying to have it picked back up!
close shot artist PSE AXE-PSE DNA

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”