What state for a NON resident deer hunt?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: What state for a NON resident deer hunt?

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:14 am

PLB wrote:
Dewey wrote:
PLB wrote:I wish Wisconsin would go to one buck per year per hunter. I wish our gun season wasn't centered around the mating season. I wish the farmland areas were shotgun only. I wish we didn't have all these special slaughter hunts.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Keep wishin' ;)

U too on that holiday hunt getting cancelled ;)

I have been believe me. Don't think it will happen though.

Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:56 am

Redman232 wrote:I'm not sure what non resident license fees are, but from what I saw in NE Maryland when I visited, I would definitely consider it. I really would like to hunt Alabama, Wisconsin, U.P. Michigan and the Dakotas.

I'm in northeast part of Maryland. There are some good bucks but very limited amount of public and it gets hammered. Leasing is out of the question unless your independently wealthy.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Tom's Hunting Lodge
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toms-Hun ... 9489827174

Unread postby Tom's Hunting Lodge » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:11 pm

What State am I from ? Highly pressured private and Public land of Southern Michigan :roll:

What State would I hunt as a Non-Res ? I have hunted Iowa & Ohio in the past, I am ready to do another out of State hunt for the Fall of 2015 and have looked at Wis. Indiana, Oklahoma and North Dakota.

I am really leaning hard at ND :think:
I believe their Firearm Season Gun/rifle opens on the 1st Friday in November which would be Nov 6th of 2015. I would like to get out there and bowhunt 6-7 days right up to their gun opener.
I am looking for one other Beast member that would be interested in hunting out there and splitting motel cost ?
I have no interest in going far West the first trip into Mule deer country. I'm looking at Huge tracts of Public in the SE part of the State.
Looking for someone that's in shape and Aggressive !! Walk way back in the cattail sloughs away from the duck hunted potholes and hang LW's and hunt.

Then Mid-day , ND is known to be windy !! get aggressive in the afternoon and scout, glass and spot & stalk bedded deer in the open/brushy terrain.

Any takers ??
tmarbut

Unread postby tmarbut » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

cbigbear wrote:
tmarbut wrote:How about Kentucky? I know quality is good. However, I heard the cost of an out-of-state license is crazy high. Anybody know? Is it worth the cost?

Licenses cost is around $260.

Many thanks! Just aw this.

Ryan
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:42 am

Tom's Hunting Lodge wrote:
Any takers ??

i won't be able to make it up there this upcoming season, but I'll probably be hunting that area
The next if possible and scout it during this next summer when I go up there for school, and hunt it the next season, if u don't make it this year and end up going the next Ill most likely be up that way

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:05 pm

I think any hunter wanting a challenge should look at NY, PA, MI, easy OTC, lots of public, large herds, and reasonable price. Massachusetts is an interesting idea. I think hitting new ground is exciting. I like the thought of available public and the reasonable price of a tag to encourage me to consider a new state.

I do like going west, but once I get there I want to chase elk
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
GED

Unread postby GED » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:41 am

Spysar wrote:If I was gonna do a late season out of state gun hunt on public, it would be in Massachusetts.

surprised to see MA on this board. We have very few P&Y and B&C every year. No rifles and no Sunday hunting. The woods have low densities 8 per sqmi but suburbs have better quantity and quality, but discharge restrictions are tough (500")

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”