Do your best spots need some pressure?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: Do your best spots need some pressure?

Unread postby Dor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:20 pm

dan wrote:Headgear, don't think that your going to have action every time you sit near a good buck bedding area... They move around a lot. Sometimes I go weeks hunting different buck bedding areas each day without seeing a shooter buck.

That goes with the territory when you don't own 300 acres of private. The key of course is to stay mobile and confident in what you have confirmed previously. Public land can be challenging when you not seeing much, but as with most things...persistence pays. I'm not sure what my % of seeing mature bucks per hunt is, but I know its not very high. The biggest factor is to capitalize when that rare chance comes. Its easy to sluff it up when you have been lolled to sleep with a bunch of crappy prior sits. Focus and maintaining your edge is huge. Easier said than done at times.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 am

dan wrote:Headgear, don't think that your going to have action every time you sit near a good buck bedding area... They move around a lot. Sometimes I go weeks hunting different buck bedding areas each day without seeing a shooter buck.

Don't worry Dan I have plenty of experience not seeing shooter bucks. :D

I also know it takes more than just some scouting and showing up to connect on a big buck. I am ready to put in my time and probably learn the hard way a few times before I find any success.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:36 am

I should also add a lot of my scouting was after the high pressure gun season here in MN so I think I found some of their ultra safe hideouts. I still have a ton of work to do to pattern bucks throughout the season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”