Yall seen these guys?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Captain Nick

Re: Yall seen these guys?

Unread postby Captain Nick » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:59 am

Thanks Dan,

I can see how things could look from your end of things. I have to admit a little knot formed in my stomach when I seen that
I had personally offended you. That is the very last thing I wanted to do.

Again, I apologize. I would like to see if you would like to work together on anything and feel free to call me (this weekend if your available to further clarify anything).

I sent you an email with my number.

Thanks,

Nick

jreinke

Unread postby jreinke » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:28 am

Dan is the man. People idolize dan and look up to him as a role model. Just sucks when people take dans tactics and pass them off as there own. When I went to the publiclandhunters website I said to myself yeah dan taught me that on just about everything posted. Dan I look forward to more videos and dvds from you. :clap:
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:03 pm

I liked the video's, nice job guys.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:44 pm

ozzz wrote:Wow, Taken From Their Site

Are you "on edge" all the time? You should be. These 3 types of edges will funnel deer right into your lap.

Sounds awfully similar to a popular thread on here started by one of the more prominent members.

Can you please post a link?

That title is a little too close to one of magics more popular threads. Having similar tactics as someone else can be expected, titling a thread in the same fashion with a slight word change tells me they probably don't know how to hunt utilizing that method.

I can see why Dan might be a little peeved and as for magic, that's one guy I wouldn't want to be on his bad side. He is a wild man on steroids.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 am

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 pm

I read thru some of their stuff and it seems very word for word like. Almost like quotes of Dan and others. I like the kind of video their going after their the type I like to see. Seem like good guys but if your going to use someone writing it should be stated as that or referenced in my opinion. I could tell by when they wrote who actually wrote it first. Now its good info and should be spread but give credit when its due.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dehart89
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chad.dehart.89

Unread postby dehart89 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:38 am

dan wrote:
ozzz wrote:
MN Legacy wrote:Just watch some of the videos. I can say that some of there tactics came from the Big Buck Serial killer. They must of purchased marsh bucks video.

Why? because they are similar? did you talk to them as to where their "tactics came from"?

Cause a lot of there tactics were never discussed anywhere until they came ouit on the marsh bucks DVD... Like putting the camera up in a tree facing down, among others. Not saying its a bad thing. Anytime hunters elaberate on tactics new twists and new insight comes out... Like you said, I am far from the 1st to figure out how to hunt a marsh, some of the stuff I pass on came from others teaching me. Thats how it works. I hope these kids do well. Seem like great guys.

What a true professional Dan, you're very humble. Thanks for all you've done so far. You've helped me look at different angles and approach things differently. I've gotten into more of the QDM since I moved to WI from MN. If it wasn't for that article being published in F&S last year. I'd be in a rut still.

I'm just curious on how many people use trail cameras on public land?
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together" ~ Fred Bear

"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ~ Kirby Puckett
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Captain Nick wrote:Thanks Dan,

I can see how things could look from your end of things. I have to admit a little knot formed in my stomach when I seen that

Again, I apologize. I would like to see if you would like to work together on anything and feel free to call me (this weekend if your available to further clarify anything).

Thanks,

Nick

That was his 3rd post ever on thehuntingbeast.com.

IMO, these guys should be more regular contributors to this forum if they are going to use its content on their own website and host scouting trips similar to the ones Dan started. Just my opinion though.
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
dehart89
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chad.dehart.89

Unread postby dehart89 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Missionshooter wrote:
Captain Nick wrote:Thanks Dan,

Thanks,

Nick

That was his 3rd post ever on thehuntingbeast.com.

IMO, these guys should be more regular contributors to this forum if they are going to use its content on their own website and host scouting trips similar to the ones Dan started. Just my opinion though.

I second that opinion. Better start contributing Nick.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together" ~ Fred Bear

"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ~ Kirby Puckett
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:10 am

I would bet that they won't post any more frequently now than before. Hopefully they do and hopefully they give credit where credit is due when they "borrow" other info. I would have thought they would have been in touch with Dan before using any of his material. From what I can tell, Dan is always willing to help others and would have/will had they done things properly.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”