Please provide input Birds and Bucks Kansas/Iowa/Nebraska

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

May-39

Please provide input Birds and Bucks Kansas/Iowa/Nebraska

Unread postby May-39 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:04 am

I hate the 22 hour drive my dad and bird pals make to N.W. North Dakota, they are retired and spend a few days wandering out there.

I can make western Iowa/Kansas/ E. Nebraska in 8-12 hours..

Guys that have deer/bird hunted Kansas/ Iowa/Neb mind sharing the county, public area or other area where you noticed (viewed, heard etc) good amounts of upland birds (pheasant/quail/huns)? Or public ground with good grass cover adjacent to crops??
I have a jon I usually take, it hauls coolers some dekes in case a pothole with a lot of ducks is discovered.

My plan is that I will head out annually for 4-5 days bird hunting with the dog and a bit of deer scouting. and maybe every 3rd-5th, a deer hunt. Work/family prevents me from taking more than one 4 day or greater trip per year anyhow.

Anyone that provides an area, I'm certainly happy to relay deer sightings or big deer sign too, I wont be upland and deer hunting same year. A ranch hand in ND was always hounding us about where we saw good bucks and he has connected on a couple dandies as result so this does work both ways.

PMs or Posts are appreciated..Thanks!

Zap

Re: Please provide input Birds and Bucks Kansas/Iowa/Nebrask

Unread postby Zap » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:10 am

Plenty of birds where I am, not as good as it has been in the past on the deer.

N/E Kansas.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Please provide input Birds and Bucks Kansas/Iowa/Nebrask

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 am

I would post that question to Mark ( the biologist ) in the ask the biologist thread, he has a great deal of bird and deer experience in that region. HERE IS A DIRECT LINK TO THAT POST:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23553

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”