Do not hunt along railroad tracks in Wisconsin!!

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Spysar
500 Club

Re: Do not hunt along railroad tracks in Wisconsin!!

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 am

I have clearance(ID to work on the property) for Amtrax and CSX because of work. Those train companies pay landowner tax to every state their trains run through. They are the owners, and it is private property, just like any other private property.

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 pm

On the federal land that I hunt they have really increased the restrictions regarding the RR crossings, but they haven't banned it completely. They've just indicated specifically which spurs and properties are 100% off limits. It is entirely a safety issue. They still let us cross good stretches for access.
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:20 am

We have a 30 acre piece of hunting land that is a great parcel and the West edge of the property is a railroad track. About 20 years ago we used to have a huge issue with trespassers but most of the issues were from a couple railroad employees who would walk the tracks with shotguns claiming they had access since they work for the railroad company. The sheriff did agree. I am not sure if they actually got a ticket or not but I know calls from the railroad company were returned confirming that no one has permission to hunt along the tracks.

We still walk along the tracks to access from the west edge- I guess I need to look into exactly how much they own- I'd hate to get a ticket for accessing my own land!

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”