Missouri

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

lostinstateforest

Missouri

Unread postby lostinstateforest » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:26 am

I am planning a trip to Missouri for next year and I am looking for some input from people with experience there. I have zero preference on what part of the state or bow only etc. I am going for a bow hunt but my only goal is to make the most of the days I have by map scouting and getting away from everyone else! This has me leaning towards possibly staying away from archery only due to crowds. So the question can anyone make suggestions that will narrow down the state for me and little.

Priorities

1. Ability to disappear
2. Quality of bucks
3. In the wilderness away from cities etc.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

My friend, we must not compromise doctrine for the sake of results!
~ Dr. John Goetsch
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: Missouri

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:00 am

I hunted south (rolla), north (bowling green) and central (danville) over the years. Your plan of nailing one in a large state forest can be planned south but atv's and poaching can interfere. Archery only areas should be an option. Reform ca is limited to archery just because of the NUCLEAR plant smack in the middle of it. One July scouting drive in the middle of the day showed a healthy population. Never put boots to ground. Mo has antler point restrictions and manages herd well. Good luck.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”