Signs up on Federal Land

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Signs up on Federal Land

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 am

Just got back checking out Federal lands and these signs are posted by every parking area.

I knew they were closed since Tuesday and assumed it was partly because the Federal wardens were not on duty during the government shutdown thus there was nobody to patrol. Well........so much for that theory. The Federal Fish&Wildlife warden was on duty and patrolling as usual this afternoon! :?

This whole closure has really got people upset and time we all start making phone calls and sending e-mails to anybody who will listen. Since we can't use what we are paying taxes on maybe taxes should be suspended too!

I didn't plan on hunting this weekend anyway but if I did I would still have plenty of other options. What gets me is they are essentially locking the youth hunters out of some great hunting land this weekend and this is just plain wrong!!

Sorry for the rant but this is ridiculous and my tolerance for stupidity on our governments part has been exceeded a long time ago!! roll:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Signs up on Federal Land

Unread postby dan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:49 am

Its Obama punishing us into letting him have his way... It costs nothing to have these areas open to the public. Walker even went as far as saying Wisconsin will pay the tab on federal properties with our excess money... He still won't budge.
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:18 pm

I agree with Dan on this, Obamma is being a dink.

If I had federal lands I wanted to hunt right now, I would be.
hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:27 pm

I do and I am. Don't know if it's closed or not..don't think so. It's not gated nor does it have any check in or anything else to do with the hunters.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:22 pm

:angry-screaming:

So frustrating.
hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Just think how it must be for those who put in for special hunts..maybe once in a lifetime draw, bought special gear, took vacation time, bought high dollar tags and find that the area is closed.

This could be some serious loss of money when you consider outfitter prices...just think if it was a Brown Bear or Grizzly hunt.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Been reading message boards on Yellowstone National Park about people that travelled from overseas to see the park and are now locked out. Same for every national park around the country. Feel back for anybody that spent many hours and spent lots of money to plan a vacation or hunting trip. It's got to be heartbreaking and something nobody could expect to plan for.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 pm

It cost more money to pay someone to go around and put signs up than it does to just declare the lands open. How stupid.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Check this link out.......

http://nationalpriorities.org/cost-of/

:whistle:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
seeds

Unread postby seeds » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:06 pm

What a missed opportunity for the president..."I will do everything in my power to insure this will affect as few people as possible and in as small a way possible'.

He has instead quietly done just the opposite.

The "hook and bullet" crowd have not exactly been his biggest supporters. Closing the NWRs just makes sense - why miss a chance to take a poke at the mostly white male "bitter clingers".
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:23 pm

seeds wrote:What a missed opportunity for the president..."I will do everything in my power to insure this will affect as few people as possible and in as small a way possible'.

He has instead quietly done just the opposite.

[glow=red]The "hook and bullet" crowd have not exactly been his biggest supporters[/glow]. Closing the NWRs just makes sense - why miss a chance to take a poke at the mostly white male "bitter clingers".

This is his chance to get even with the pro-gunners.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Just found out that boat ramps in Northern WI that are managed by federal funds are closed as well. :angry-banghead:
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 am

why are they still taking federal taxes out of my check? :think:
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:48 am

The U.S. military has furloughed as many as 50 Catholic chaplains due to the partial suspension of government services, banning them from celebrating weekend Mass. At least one chaplain was told that if he engaged in any ministry activity, he would be subjected to disciplinary action.

“In very practical terms it means Sunday Mass won’t be offered,” Archbishop Timothy Broglio of the Archdiocese for the Military Services told me. “If someone has a baptism scheduled, it won’t be celebrated.”

The Archdiocese for the Military Services tells me the military installations impacted are served by non-active-duty priests who were hired as government contractors. As a result of a shortage of active duty Catholic chaplains, the government hires contract priests.

A well-placed source told me that a furloughed Air Force chaplain was threatened after he offered to forgo pay.

Broglio said some military bases have forbidden the contract priests from volunteering to celebrate Mass
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:51 am

hoyt wrote:Just think how it must be for those who put in for special hunts..maybe once in a lifetime draw, bought special gear, took vacation time, bought high dollar tags and find that the area is closed.

This could be some serious loss of money when you consider outfitter prices...just think if it was a Brown Bear or Grizzly hunt.

Can relate to that, 6 of us are leaving for a elk/mulie hunt next Saturday to Bighorns in Wyoming. We are hunting public lands, Federal and BLM, which belong to We the people. The federal goverment is just the caretakers of our land, and they can be replaced.

Heaven help those who tell us we can't use what we all own. If that happens, you will be reading about us on the national news.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”