Missouri public land

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bluegRASS

Missouri public land

Unread postby bluegRASS » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Anyone have any experience bowhunting Missouri public land in early Nov. right after the Oct. 30-31 youth gun hunt?
Thanks

Zap

Re: Missouri public land

Unread postby Zap » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Yup. :mrgreen:

marty
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Troutking

Re: Missouri public land

Unread postby Troutking » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Missouri has lots of public land available to hunt. I live in central Missouri and hunt pl land a lot. Many places will get a fair amount of pressure this time of year, probably like most everywhere in the country. That being said I recommend the Missouri Department of Conservation website. Google earth and topo maps are available on the website. There are thousands of acres in the Mark Twain National Forest available as well. The most northern district of this is the Cedar Creek Section in Boone/Callaway county. Biggest deer in MO will be North of I-70. Beware though, a lot of public areas will receive extra pressure in these Northern areas, probably south would be a good choice, maybe not as big of deer but good populations and probably a better experience. Finally, one thing I look for are public areas away from motels, big cities, etc. The country boys will have private land to hunt and the city boys don't like to camp. PM me if I can be of any help.
The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”