Favorite Trail Cams for Public Land?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

365buckin

Re: Favorite Trail Cams for Public Land?

Unread postby 365buckin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Priorities in order are reliable, cheap, good battery life (because they are often far back), and hopefully small. I've honestly lost over $1600 cameras over the last few years to thieves in public areas. I'm still placing cameras. Maybe not in the same areas. I'm an addict.

How many of those that you had stolen were place 10 foot up in a tree? Just wondering if I've been lucky or placing them high is the trick?

Be in the woods as often as you can....and as long as you can!
upwind
Facebook: www.facebook.com/josephwrealty

Unread postby upwind » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 am

I am greenhorn deer hunter and public land hunter but I am driven to find areas to deep or to rough for the crowds. Something about the unknown and the challenge is driving me. Thank you for the thread because I've been wanting to start deploying cam(s) on PL that I'm keying in on to possibly hunt yet was skeptical about how to properly deploy a cam without it getting stolen. From the advice I see yes cams get stolen but if done correctly chances go way down. I am looking at wildlife innovations cause they're cheap yet all I need is decent recon photos to tell me if anything of interest is moving thru the area and if packing back in will be wise come game time

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Have any of you had cams stolen that were attached 10 feet or more up a tree?

Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:32 am

john1984 wrote:Have any of you had cams stolen that were attached 10 feet or more up a tree?

No, but... Last winter I had pics of a guy on horseback that went by my camera and could have easily stood on his saddle and reached it but he never saw it from what I could tell. If he did, he left it alone. People rarely look up.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”