What state for public land DIY, OTC??

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Southern Man
500 Club

Re: What state for public land DIY, OTC??

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 am

Public Land Beast wrote:I guess the more I think about it I would like to go someplace with a healthy population of deer and a reasonable tag cost. Reasonable driving distance too. Any more ideas??

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Ever thought about Kentucky? We have alot of deer. Killing a 2 1/2 yo wouldn't be a hard thing to do. Trouble is our 2 1/2 yo bucks won't compare, size wise, to the ones up north. But we do have some good deer. Non-resident cost is around $200-$250. Lots of public land. The Land Between the Lakes area is around 85,000 acres open from early September thry mid January. Deer densities are lower there than the ag ground around it but there are some huge deer there. There are WMA's all around west KY ranging from 200 acres to 5000 acres. Geared mostly for duck hunters but loaded with deer. And.... we're a friendly bunch down here :mrgreen: If you're interested, give me a shout, I'll help you as much as I can.

You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”