Public Pressure Report

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

How Bad Is The Public Pressure In Your Area Right Now?

Very High- seemingly hunters behind every tree, 60 + per square mile.
3%
High- 30 + per square mile
31%
Average- 15 + hunters per square mile
34%
Below Average- 5 to ten + hunters per square mile
22%
Very Low- Less than 5 hunters per square mile
9%

Total votes: 32
jlh42581
500 Club

Re: Public Pressure Report

Unread postby jlh42581 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 am

60 hunters per square mile is 60 hunters for every 640 acres or just over 1 hunter for every 10 acres.

Thats insane, I wouldnt even go.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:00 pm

jlh42581 wrote:60 hunters per square mile is 60 hunters for every 640 acres or just over 1 hunter for every 10 acres.

Thats insane, I wouldnt even go.

There's a reason my neighbors wear orange hats when they walk down their driveway to get the mail!

plus, this is high powered rifle country here, with high magnification scopes. if you walk about during the daytime, you will be watched by a scope or three, there's really no avoiding it. :?
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Kind of hard to answer this one. Where I hunt around home there are alot of pheasant hunters and deer hunters. But where I go I dont see anyone in the marsh. Havent honestly seen a bowhunter in the woods in 6 years. I try to go where none goes. But as far as per square mile it varies spot to spot. There might be 15 guys in a 1/4 miles square but a 1/2 mile away or more from me. Sunday morning I was 1&1/4 mile in from the truck and the only one in there. The bucks were all moving deeper in towards me and so were the pheasants.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 am

I've been hunting some new found areas that are remote and I've been lucky to be able to not hunt wknds so I'm seeing way less traffic this year. Also some decent MFL stuff in urban areas that not a lot of people know is open.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:40 pm

wibow wrote:I've been hunting some new found areas that are remote and I've been lucky to be able to not hunt wknds so I'm seeing way less traffic this year. Also some decent MFL stuff in urban areas that not a lot of people know is open.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

sounds good, wibow- I've been hiding in some deep swamps with no visibility myself...
hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 pm

I go in a good ways and never see anyone where I hunt..but it gets hunted on the edges on four sides during gun season. This gun season I heard less shots than ever..half as many as the fewest I've heard.

But you couldn't prove it by me that there's a live deer left since gun season I've haven't seen one and it's gun season again now til Mon. Didn't hear a shot yesterday morning.

Bout 20degrees here now and I'm having a hard time getting out the door.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 am

It seems like there is two types of pressure here... The type during bow season that is steady and heavy, and the type that comes during gun season which completely fills the hard ground portion of the woods and has hunters walking where they normally don't.
There is a major difference between the two types. The bow pressure the bucks grow used to and find spots where hunters don't go. The gun pressure the deer lay down all day and barely move in daylight unless you are away from the pressure significantly.
I hear a lot of comments about people not hunting weekends with the bow to avoid pressure, and I don't understand that... If your running into bowhunters on weekends in your spots, your not in the right spots in my opinion. Weekends might even be better cause a hunt or two will tell you where others are hunting so you know where to avoid... Looking for the spots where no one else goes, and then not over hunting them (like everyone else) is what creates success on public.
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:15 am

We had a real bad drought this year and on my primary hunt close to home there's usually only 1 or 2 guys that cross the river but this year it was 6. I had 2 guys walk through the bedding the day of or the morning after I started hunting 2 different sets. The pressure in general though looked to be about double.

Now 100 miles away I got a few hunts and there was comparably very little pressure like 2-3 guys per square mile. It's getting real bad pressure wise close to home.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”