Dry marsh spots now flooded, move to higher ground?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stikman

Dry marsh spots now flooded, move to higher ground?

Unread postby stikman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 am

I missed a buck three weeks ago on public land. Last weekend I hunted again, 50 yards from the tree I missed the buck from however we've received a lot of rain. What was dry ground now has a foot of standing water! Would you back off to the edge of the standing water or just sneak in and keep hunting the transition lines as you did when it was dry? With the onset of Rut, being obvious all over the trees in this area, it seems the deer are still close by but may have moved to dry bedding else where and only move through at night. I have not found any islands where they can still bed close by which leads me to believe they've adjusted their bedding due to all the water... I'm not planning on hunting this area much any more this season as it's best before the leaves fall but I'd like to know what you guys think if I run into this again in the future. Any and all comments welcome.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals why are they made of meat?

Genesis 21:20 - speaking of Abraham and Hagar's son Ishmael:
"And God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow."
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Dry marsh spots now flooded, move to higher ground?

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 am

There is still a pretty good chance the flooded area has bedding... if the beds were not located with previous scouting the transition areas of the marsh and high ground may be a good bet to scout and hunt.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”